Cedric en fuego!!

theobird

3 hours ago, theobird said:

Don’t look now, but Mullins is crushing the ball. Whoever thought He should be dumped…..Well, baseball is a long season and a very mental game. The best players go into deep funks. But the best players always find their real level

Yep … but because of his spring swoon his OPS is .664. So he’d be back to respectable numbers with a prolonged hot streak. 

Santander who previously got hot is still hitting around .223 and his OPS is just under .800. We can argue he’s rebounded but it would be better if he was hitting.265-.285.

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Yep … but because of his spring swoon his OPS is .664. So he’d be back to respectable numbers with a prolonged hot streak. 

Santander who previously got hot is still hitting around .223 and his OPS is just under .800. We can argue he’s rebounded but it would be better if he was hitting.265-.285.

Santander has an OPS+ of 128 and a wRC+ of 125. In other words, at or near his career peak, and better than Cal or Brooks' career marks. A 128 OPS+ would be Nick Markakis' second-best offensive season.

MLB overall batting average this year is .242, 5th-lowest of all time. League OBP of .311 is in the bottom 15% since 1900. And while slugging will probably inch up through the summer, the current mark of .393 is lower than any season since 1992.

My guess is that they juice the ball next year, since the shift ban hasn't really had much of an overall effect. Even if it's revived a few careers like Ryan O'Hearn's.

Edited by DrungoHazewood
  • Upvote 3

fWAR rates him up to 21st of the 30 CF with 200 PA.     It also has Jarren Duran and JJ Bleday as the next AL guys after Judge, and I don't know if I would switch Cedric today for those guys for this season.

Jackson Merrill leads the NL crew, which is me this morning processing the kid from Severna Park could I guess be going to the All-Star game and even starting opposite Aaron Judge.     Merrill's got all the 2024 Jackson juju, it appears.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

fWAR rates him up to 21st of the 30 CF with 200 PA.     It also has Jarren Duran and JJ Bleday as the next AL guys after Judge, and I don't know if I would switch Cedric today for those guys for this season.

Jackson Merrill leads the NL crew, which is me this morning processing the kid from Severna Park could I guess be going to the All-Star game and even starting opposite Aaron Judge.     Merrill's got all the 2024 Jackson juju, it appears.

It could be a very Baltimore/Maryland ASG. If Merril and Joey Ortiz start for the NL. Burnes could be the AL SP. Gunnar, Adley, and Mountcastle, are in line to start. Santa and Cowser in line to be reserves as of now. Maybe Gausman and Flaherty make the team. 

Main Point here… Mullins still has it. Act live we’ve been through 162 before. Not our first rodeo. 

12 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It could be a very Baltimore/Maryland ASG. If Merril and Joey Ortiz start for the NL. Burnes could be the AL SP. Gunnar, Adley, and Mountcastle, are in line to start. Santa and Cowser in line to be reserves as of now. Maybe Gausman and Flaherty make the team. 

I don't think Merrill or Ortiz have a chance to start unless there are a few injuries, as neither made the NL finalist list at their positions. 

He seems pretty locked in and fully harnessing that pull side power.  I feel like he's hit at least two or three additional balls that had home run distance, but were pulled just foul. 

Let's hope he can keep it up.  He's a dynamic player when his bat is going. 

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Santander has an OPS+ of 128 and a wRC+ of 125. In other words, at or near his career peak, and better than Cal or Brooks' career marks. A 128 OPS+ would be Nick Markakis' second-best offensive season.

MLB overall batting average this year is .242, 5th-lowest of all time. League OBP of .311 is in the bottom 15% since 1900. And while slugging will probably inch up through the summer, the current mark of .393 is lower than any season since 1992.

My guess is that they juice the ball next year, since the shift ban hasn't really had much of an overall effect. Even if it's revived a few careers like Ryan O'Hearn's.

Is it my imagination or does Ryan O’Hearn go to LF quite a bit?   I’m not familiar with what type of hitter he was before the ban but the current O’Hearn doesn’t strike me as an extreme pull hitter who might be affected by the ban as much as some other LH hitters.   

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Is it my imagination or does Ryan O’Hearn go to LF quite a bit?   I’m not familiar with what type of hitter he was before the ban but the current O’Hearn doesn’t strike me as an extreme pull hitter who might be affected by the ban as much as some other LH hitters.   

image.png.56d23742c4e854debfcadcc78ec8c959.png

We are a better team if he’s hitting because of his defense in CF and speed (even if he’s slower than his peak) he brings to this roster.

He can’t be a zero with the bat like he was but if he can be more around his career norms, that’s valuable and it makes him a trade piece in the offseason, so him hitting would be nice.

It’s forgotten that he was basically our best player last year prior to his first injury. He was hitting lefties well and was really playing at a high level. 

Be great to see him get back to that.

• Upvote 1