Would you do this deal?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Proposal Menrioned in opening post

• Yes
    • No
    • If they’d swop Brebbia for Kopech
    • Add Brebbia for a couple young DSL guys with upside

57 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Just due to you are gettin all upset. Besides Montgomery and Robert, I couldn’t name 2 hitters in the White Sox organization I would take over Stowers. If they can hit a little they can’t play defense like Vaughn and Sheets. I know that’s hard to set in.

Well then maybe you need to do a bit more research on our farm system.

52 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

LOL …no idea ….you tell me how you rate guys but then have no idea what I’ve listed as a trade proposal for Crochet and Robert. 

Stowers is buried at AAA …. He hasn’t been give a fair shake here. Ask anybody posting here. I’m sure his morale is in the can. Yes he’s 26 now and the 5th piece of the proposed deal. But so was Ortiz whom everybody on your board absolutely loathed in trade discussions. He’s hit 27, 19, 21 and currently has 16 with an .862 OPS despite being on the Orioles bench for nearly a month. 

further … Your down on Norby just like you and your buddies were down on Ortiz last year. …. He’s too old ….Hes a high bust type… I won’t bother to go back and read the Cease thread on your site. You know it’s there so you’re only lying to yourself. 

Ortiz was in the top 100 and so far he’s better than the #1 piece you got for Cease. You’d think anyone on that site would have the balls to admit they were wrong! No …Zippy ….Nada … 

You must have me confused with someone else at SoxTalk, because I actually wanted Ortiz in a Cease deal.  And yes, so far Ortiz is better than anything we got in the Cease trade.  It’s only been half a season though, so a little early to say one package is better than the other.

What am I supposed to admit I was wrong about?  That I didn’t think Joey Ortiz would put up 4 wins in his rookie season?  Not even Elias thought that or he wouldn’t have given six years of that type of production (plus other stuff) for one year of Corbin Burnes.  If this is who Joey Ortiz is, it’s a god awful trade for you guys as you’d have left $100M+ in surplus value on the table.  My guess is Ortiz’s bat regresses some and settles in as a ~3 win SS, which is about the same level of production that I project for Thorpe.  Will be interesting to see how Hall / the draft pick ultimately work out for the Brewers vs. the other pieces we got.  It’s very possible we blew it by not taking that offer, but right now I’m fairly satisfied with what we got and how it fits our timeline.

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You must have me confused with someone else at SoxTalk, because I actually wanted Ortiz in a Cease deal.  And yes, so far Ortiz is better than anything we got in the Cease trade.  It’s only been half a season though, so a little early to say one package is better than the other.

What am I supposed to admit I was wrong about?  That I didn’t think Joey Ortiz would put up 4 wins in his rookie season?  Not even Elias thought that or he wouldn’t have given six years of that type of production (plus other stuff) for one year of Corbin Burnes.  If this is who Joey Ortiz is, it’s a god awful trade for you guys as you’d have left $100M+ in surplus value on the table.  My guess is Ortiz’s bat regresses some and settles in as a ~3 win SS, which is about the same level of production that I project for Thorpe.  Will be interesting to see how Hall / the draft pick ultimately work out for the Brewers vs. the other pieces we got.  It’s very possible we blew it by not taking that offer, but right now I’m fairly satisfied with what we got and how it fits our timeline.

Yeah as the second player in the trade right? 

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I would guess we can get Scherzer for less than Fedde and assuming he gets a few more healthy starts in, I would take him over Fedde easily.

How much money is Scherzer owed this year?  And who will be in your rotation next year with Burnes likely gone and Bradish likely out?  Or are you focused solely on 2024 right now.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think Kopech will cost all that much and I do wonder if he’s a change of scenery guy.  There is still plenty of stuff to tap into and he’s controllable for another season.  But I wouldn’t give up a ton for him for that chance.

Kopech got torched again today.  His value is very low. No chance I would trade someone like Norby for him

Compare Fedde with Albert Suarez. Fedde has pitched better, but there’s not a huge gap on a per inning basis. Fedde has many more innings because he’s made 9 more starts. Both had long careers of not good enough pitchers, made adjustments outside of MLB/MiLB and now are pitching well at the MLB level for the first time. Fedde is 31 and has 1.5 years of control and Suarez is 34 and has 4.5 years.

Even with their adjustments ticking their stuff up and making them MLB level guys, both have below average stuff and whiff/K rates and have been successful with solid walk rates and suppressing contact quality (Fedde with ground balls, Suarez with pop ups and low barrel & HR/FB rates). 

Would anybody really be all that excited to add another Albert Suarez right now? I was one of his biggest fans dating back to his first breakout Spring Training appearance and he’s been a huge find this season, but I don’t have much confidence he’s going to pitch as well in the second half as the first. I don’t really feel comfortable with the thought of Suarez starting a playoff game. I’d like Fedde more, but if his performance regresses in the second half I’d feel pretty similarly. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How much money is Scherzer owed this year?  And who will be in your rotation next year with Burnes likely gone and Bradish likely out?  Or are you focused solely on 2024 right now.

About 5M the rest of the year.(not including what the Mets are paying him of course)

Im looking at both but more focused on right now.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

About 5M the rest of the year.(not including what the Mets are paying him of course)

Im looking at both but more focused on right now.

I knew the Mets were paying a lot, but didn’t realize he was that cheap.  He could be an interesting pickup for the right price if the Rangers decide to sell.

35 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yes, that’s correct.

So he’s better so far than the #1 you received so I can understand why you’d be thrilled if you got him as your #2. I don’t blame you. 

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I knew the Mets were paying a lot, but didn’t realize he was that cheap.  He could be an interesting pickup for the right price if the Rangers decide to sell.

Scherzer and Yates would be a good package for the Os.

And then get another reliever (or 2) after that.

40 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No one knows if the front office is going to spend …As of now we have Rodriguez, Kremer, Irvin, Suarez, Povich , and I assume McDermott. 

I hope they are going to get a guy with some control. If it’s my decision I’m paying Burnes to stay. He’s a real ACE and worth the money. 

13 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Any somewhat reasonable suggestions for Crochet?  I'm assuming there's a lot of Mayo + Basallo + 3 or 4 good prospects would be fair type deals.

I saw a suggestion online.  Silent J, Norby and Povich for Crochet.  Not unreasonable.

6 minutes ago, Cuellar35 said:

I saw a suggestion online.  Silent J, Norby and Povich for Crochet.  Not unreasonable.

I’d have to consider that. Crochet is just such a tough one for me. Love the arm and talent.