Trembley on Matusz,Tillman,Arietta and Erbe

QBsILLEST1

God I hope not. Not another pitcher. I believe he's suppose to have really bad mechanics as well. We need position players with talent.

I don't care if we take a pitcher or a position player, as long as we don't miss. I want an above average major leaguer who's ready in 2011.

Why not shoot for someone who will be ready by 2010? :) Do you guys think theres a chance Crow would be eager to sign and get started in the minors asap since he already missed a whole year?

Are you suggesting that we draft Crow at least partially because he's signable? Laughable.

Yes he does. I would be highly disappointed if we drafted him at our slot.

I'm not fixin to cause an argument or anything, but if you don't want Crow who else would you target with the pick? It's funny that the draft is a couple months away and there is one really really really good prospect and huge questions marks up and down the draft board. Even the players projected to go really high are struggling (White, Green, Matzuk). I'd say Ackley is the only player who I'd consider to be anywhere near a safe bet besides Strasburg.

I'm not fixin to cause an argument or anything, but if you don't want Crow who else would you target with the pick? It's funny that the draft is a couple months away and there is one really really really good prospect and huge questions marks up and down the draft board. Even the players projected to go really high are struggling (White, Green, Matzuk). I'd say Ackley is the only player who I'd consider to be anywhere near a safe bet besides Strasburg.

I'd like to get Ackley at this point. Right now, I'd like to sit and wait to see if anyone previously in the second tier of first round prospects steps up to become a top 5 talent. As of now, everyone would still be on my draft board, and it wouldn't be smart to commit to anyone at this point.

Are you suggesting that we draft Crow at least partially because he's signable? Laughable.

Nope Im not suggesting that...I never once said lets draft him because I think wer can sign him. I said that maybe since he lost a whole year maybe he will be eager to sign and get rolling. Probably not, but he is signable this year, and he was last year, pride was more important to the Nats than drafting talent.

You are very right about this, tons of question marks. Another guy to look at for us may be Oliver, but he got rocked in one of his most recent outings also.

You are very right about this, tons of question marks. Another guy to look at for us may be Oliver, but he got rocked in one of his most recent outings also.

Word from scouts/cross-checkers is that he's pitching better than his stats show. As I said in the other thread, I haven't seen him this season, but there was a lot to like about him after last summer.

Word from scouts/cross-checkers is that he's pitching better than his stats show. As I said in the other thread, I haven't seen him this season, but there was a lot to like about him after last summer.

I remember reading a report saying that his breaking pitch is "rapidly developing". He seems like he may be of interest to us, especially being that he has plus command and command being the Oriole's newly found emphasis, but he may be a reach. I think in this draft though, it may be harder to distinguish someone a reach when so many prospects have such similar draft status's.

Another name to watch may be James Paxton, people compare him to Randy Johnson because of his stuff and his low 3/4 delivery. He has a plus plus heater and has been carving up his conference this year so far, but do not remember hearing much about him before the season

I remember reading a report saying that his breaking pitch is "rapidly developing". He seems like he may be of interest to us, especially being that he has plus command and command being the Oriole's newly found emphasis, but he may be a reach. I think in this draft though, it may be harder to distinguish someone a reach when so many prospects have such similar draft status's.

Another name to watch may be James Paxton, people compare him to Randy Johnson because of his stuff and his low 3/4 delivery. He has a plus plus heater and has been carving up his conference this year so far, but do not remember hearing much about him before the season

While opinions now on specific draft choices are likely premature, I'm leaning heavily towards a HS pick. There isn't tons at the college level that makes my socks go up and down, and there are some HS arms and a few bats that I find pretty intriguing. I can't say I wouldn't love the idea of adding a bat like Tate or Davidson to the Avery/Hoes duo. I also think the picks in rounds 2-5 look like they'll be closer to value than some of the first round picks (a long way of saying the draft is a little light on the top, but there's a lot of quality at that next tier).

There is a lot of good HS arms out there, Tyler Matzek, , Zach Wheeler, Matt Purke, Shelby Miller is intriguing. I saw a scouting report on him saying he has a plus FB and potentially 2 plus breaking pitches. It wouldnt be a bad thing to draft a HS pitcher and develop him alongside Bundy. In between our Big 3 and the Bundy/#5 pick duo, we also have a wave of Zack Britton, Oliver Drake and Rick Zagone. We would be pretty set with home grown arms, and any need that may come up will be able to be addressed with our pitching surplus.

There is a lot of good HS arms out there, Tyler Matzek, , Zach Wheeler, Matt Purke, Shelby Miller is intriguing. I saw a scouting report on him saying he has a plus FB and potentially 2 plus breaking pitches. It wouldnt be a bad thing to draft a HS pitcher and develop him alongside Bundy. In between our Big 3 and the Bundy/#5 pick duo, we also have a wave of Zack Britton, Oliver Drake and Rick Zagone. We would be pretty set with home grown arms, and any need that may come up will be able to be addressed with our pitching surplus.

Yeah, gun to my head I'd go Matzek at 1:5, someone like Marisnick (if available) 2:5. Of course, there are some rawer HS arms that could be very good down the line, as well. Maybe flip it and go one of Tate/Davidson at 1:5 and then a HS arm like Sampson? Eh, I can't say it with conviction. Still too many questions :o

Archived