Poll: What will Elias accomplish by the Trade Deadline? (Multiple Choice.)

Greg Pappas

What will Elias accomplish by the Trade Deadline? Multiple Choice.  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What will Elias accomplish by the Trade Deadline? Multiple Choice.

• He will trade for a ToR starter (#1/#2) with years of control remaining.
    • He will trade for a starter that most here will see as a #3/#4.
    • He will trade for a back of the rotation starter.
    • He will trade for a closer.
    • He will trade for a high leverage reliever.
    • He will trade for a reliever but not necessarily a late inning guy.
    • He will trade for a position player.
    • He will trade one of Holliday, Basallo, or Mayo.
    • He will not make a trade (of any significance.)
    • I'm a poll troll and find this poll insignificant. :P

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/25/24 at 21:00

I think we get someone in the Scherzer/Kikuchi range of SPs. 

On the bullpen front, I think we see one prospect for setup man type trade. And a waiver claim or two to try to shore up the soft spots in the group, similar to acquiring Webb last year.

On the position player front I don't think we trade for anyone at the MLB level but I think Mayo comes up for much of the second half and provides some boost.

Edited by Spy Fox
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Goob said:

I think a back end of the rotation guy that does not cost any significant prospects and a high leverage reliver that can be acquired with a prospect like Norby or Stowers and  a few additional top 20-40 ranked prospects is what I expect.  A playoff roster that has Burnes, G-Rod and Kremer as the starters with Kimbrel, Acquired reliever, Cano, Webb, Perez, Akin and Suarez in the bullpen with our lineup can win the AL this year. 

Zero percent chance that team could win anything. 

20 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

What other controlled starters are available than Fedde and Crochet (who the O's have a snowballs chance of acquiring)?

I don’t think we can say for sure. Maybe Seattle would trade one of theirs for some offense.Maybe Rays Eflin ? Jays …maybe Berrios or Bassit, Angels …Tyler Anderson, A’s Hogan Harris, Cubs Imanaga, Steele, Tallion, Assad? 

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

7 days remaining until the poll closes.   The vast majority do not anticipate a blockbuster type trade.  So, no ToR starter, no top-tier closer, no position players, and no trading any of the Big 3.

Correct for the most part.   I’m assuming your definition of a top tier closer includes Mason Miller but excludes Tanner Scott and Carlos Estevez.

I’m predicting and hoping for Fedde as the starter.   The reliever(s) is wide open.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Correct for the most part.   I’m assuming your definition of a top tier closer includes Mason Miller but excludes Tanner Scott and Carlos Estevez.

I’m predicting and hoping for Fedde as the starter.   The reliever(s) is wide open.

Yes, Miller is pretty much the main one, unless Helsley becomes available.  :)

Edited by Greg Pappas

I am undershooting my expectations/hopes a bit and saying backend starter and non-late inning reliever. Because that's what Elias did last year, and I like to have my baseline expectations start from track record. 

There are plenty of good logical reasons Elias should NOT do what he did last year (team is more talented, team has more pitching injuries, team has 1 year to utilize Burnes, etc), but just saying. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1

Landing Skubal: 10%

Ultimately, I don’t see Elias meeting the Tigers price for Skubal as Holliday, Mayo and Basallo stay put.. unless the Tigers take a package starting with Basallo but I’m sure they will aim for Holliday as choice 1 and Mayo 1b.

One of Fedde/Bassitt or similar type of starter: 50%
Realistically this is where Elias probably does his shopping.

Woo 5%: will the M’s finally trade from a position of strength? They need offense badly: I actually see the M’s matching up on multiple levels, make it happen Elias 

The wild card Snell 5%: the Giants aren’t that good but Farhan always thinks otherwise: they want out of the potential contract obligation and with Snell pitching better of late he’s brought up his value some and it’s probably the perfect time for SF to move him before he has one of his classic 87 pitches with 6 walks before it’s even the 5th outing.

O’s could use 2 reliable starters and undoubtedly need to acquire a shutdown reliever but one of each will suffice.

6 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

Landing Skubal: 10%

Ultimately, I don’t see Elias meeting the Tigers price for Skubal as Holliday, Mayo and Basallo stay put.. unless the Tigers take a package starting with Basallo but I’m sure they will aim for Holliday as choice 1 and Mayo 1b.

One of Fedde/Bassitt or similar type of starter: 50%
Realistically this is where Elias probably does his shopping.

Woo 5%: will the M’s finally trade from a position of strength? They need offense badly: I actually see the M’s matching up on multiple levels, make it happen Elias 

The wild card Snell 5%: the Giants aren’t that good but Farhan always thinks otherwise: they want out of the potential contract obligation and with Snell pitching better of late he’s brought up his value some and it’s probably the perfect time for SF to move him before he has one of his classic 87 pitches with 6 walks before it’s even the 5th outing.

O’s could use 2 reliable starters and undoubtedly need to acquire a shutdown reliever but one of each will suffice.

Because the Mariners have so many top 100 prospects, wouldn’t it make more sense for them to trade a few prospects for offensive help (i.e. Robert) as opposed to trading rotation arms given the rash of injuries with pitchers?