2024 4th Round Pick (#127): Chase Allsup - RHP - (Jr) Auburn (AL)

Just now, Malike said:

Gets hit pretty hard, 13 HRs in 62IP. 10.7 K/9 this season, 10.1 for his career at Auburn. I don't hate the pick. Doesn't walk a ton but gives up hits.

If you wait until the 4th rd, this is what happens. He could be an outlier, but I don't want a middle reliever as our first pitcher taken. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

HRs are likely a by-product of throwing more strikes this year. Seems to have the "stuff", but likely a RP which is fine with me.

Yep. I’m good with relievers in these rounds.  I think taking guys who maybe are under the radar because they were failed starters is a good strategy. May even be able to save a little money here as well.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Yep. I’m good with relievers in these rounds.  I think taking guys who maybe are under the radar because they were failed starters is a good strategy. May even be able to save a little money here as well.

Totally agree.

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Trace Bright at Auburn - 140 IP of 6.00 ERA and 149/63 K/BB

Chase Allsup at Auburn - 140 IP of 5.10 ERA and 159/66 K/BB

Thanks.  I couldn't think of who the prior Auburn pitcher was.  Interesting how they compare too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• It wouldn't be crazy for him to sneak into our top 5 end of season list.  Basallo, Mayo, Honeycutt, EBJ, Morfe.
    • Estrada isn’t lighting A+ on fire, but at 19, he’s not looking overmatched, either.  His line is .211/.318/.421 and he’s only struck out 7 times in 44 PA.   Nice to see him making steady progress.  
    • 7 games is still a pretty good amount.  If we go just 14-21 which is playing .400 baseball  the rest of the way the Red Sox will have to go 23-14 or .620 baseball.  We do still have a 3 game series vs them which can help them but they are gonna have to sweep us most likely to even give them a chance.  They are running out of games to make a move and havent been gaining ground.  
    • 1. Burnes 2. Bradish (Injured) 3. GRod (injured) 4. Eflin (injured) 5. Means (Injured) 6. Kremer  7. Suarez 8. Wells (Injured) 9. Irvin 10. Rogers 11. Povich  (AAA - rookie Integration) 12. McDermott (AAA  rookie integration/injured) 13. Young (AAA)    I always thought you needed 8-9 legit SP options to make it through the season.  I didn’t think we could count on Bradish nor Means this year. That leaves us with 11 guys of which 3 are Injured.     Of the remaining 8 Young, Povich & McDermott are deep depth they’d likely have preferred not to debut.    That leaves us with Burnes, Kremer, Suarez, Irvin, & Rogers.    The injuries are unreal and it’s been ugly but I think it’s a testament to depth they collected to be the 2nd best team in baseball.  3 of those 13 pitchers were drafted by the orioles and we are 1st in AL East on Aug 21st.  They are doing something right, even if it’s painful to watch at times.   
    • Weatherly started yesterday and was pulled after throwing two pitches and yielding a hit.  That does not sound good.  
    • Expecting him to make a huge jump next year. 
    • DSL Orioles Orange won their regular season finale to finish at 38-18, in a three-way tie for the 4th best record in the DSL.  Starting on Thursday, they have a 3-game quarterfinal playoff series with the DSL Angels, who also finished at 38-18 after a final day loss.  Unlike the Orioles and most other major league teams, the Angels have only one DSL affiliate.    The format of the DSL playoffs is three rounds of 3-game series, running Aug. 22-24, 25-28 and 29-31.    Orioles Black blew a 6-3 lead to lose 7-6 yesterday, finishing at 26-29, pretty respectable for the org’s “second” team.  There were 20 DSL teams with a worse record than that. Overall I’d definitely say this was the strongest DSL performance by the Orioles during the Elias era.   There’s quite a few players who will be interesting to follow next year in the FCL or beyond.    
  • Popular Contributors