Here's the thread where you apologize for doubting Guthrie

Carroll County

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump

Just curious if people are still doubting, apologizing, or somewhere in between when it comes to Guthrie. Right now I would say my biggest complaint with Guthrie is that it seems like every time we score some runs for him to give him the lead he immediately goes back out the next inning and gives some or all of it back.

Bump

Just curious if people are still doubting, apologizing, or somewhere in between when it comes to Guthrie. Right now I would say my biggest complaint with Guthrie is that it seems like every time we score some runs for him to give him the lead he immediately goes back out the next inning and gives some or all of it back.

Guthrie's command seemed very bad last night. He is lucky he came out with a "W".

Bump

That has been a problem for him in the past, too. But my bigger concern, as discussed on the post-game show, is that he is having a lot of at bats where he gets 2 strikes but can't get the at bat to resolve. It seems once he has two strikes he just throws fastballs at the knees over and over. And a lot of batters are just fouling them off, pitch after pitch. He seems very reluctant to try to get outs with his breaking stuff. He really doesn't seem confident in his secondary pitches right now.

P.S. -- fangraphs actually shows that he is throwing fewer fastballs overall, and many more changeups, but is using his slider less. I think it is his lack of confidence in the slider that is the issue.

Seems like pitchers and nfl wide receivers need to get together in a group session and talk about self confidence, self loathing, and how to over come the struggles of believing in yourself. :rolleyestf:

Seems like pitchers and nfl wide receivers need to get together in a group session and talk about self confidence, self loathing, and how to over come the struggles of believing in yourself. :rolleyestf:

Bump.

Letters.

Had a feeling this was gonna get bumped.

:)

Eh. It's all in good fun. But SG should feel a little vindication, even if it did take two years for his prediction that Guthrie was no more than a back-end of the rotation kind of guy to come true. ;)

I'm doing this for SG.

Archived