Colin Cowherd bashes O's fans for Tex boo's

isestrex

Quotes signs "Saverna Park hates you" and "we hate you"

Colin says "there's a big difference between being passionate and saying 'I hate you'"

Says sarcastically that Tex would be a better person if he took less money and went to work every day with no hope of making the post season.

One fan calls in and says "Yeah O's fans boo Teixeira but when the Yanks show up and he sits out, they feel like they've been ripped off" Colin agrees O's fans are selective.

Another fan calls in and refers to the Tex relationship as him "dumping" the Orioles. Colin can't see it at all. "You never had him in the first place... how could he dump you?"

Another fan calls in and says we (Orioles) have been waiting for a winning team for a long time and we're overdoing it with the booing. Colin says good call "Passion is no excuse for hate. Get a life haters."

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quotes signs "Saverna Park hates you" and "we hate you"

Colin says "there's a big difference between being passionate and saying 'I hate you'"

Says sarcastically that Tex would be a better person if he took less money and went to work every day with no hope of making the post season.

One fan calls in and says "Yeah O's fans boo Teixeira but when the Yanks show up and he sits out, they feel like they've been ripped off" Colin agrees O's fans are selective.

Another fan calls in and refers to the Tex relationship as him "dumping" the Orioles. Colin can't see it at all. "You never had him in the first place... how could he dump you?"

Another fan calls in and says we (Orioles) have been waiting for a winning team for a long time and we're overdoing it with the booing. Colin says good call "Passion is no excuse for hate. Get a life haters."

I don't think he has a problem with the booing just the hating. He feels some fans crossed the line. I don't.

It's just a game but a very emotional one for a lot of us and we take things personal. That's just the way it is.

I'll stand on the side of the haters. :). Wrong or not, we have to stand for something. Had we been given a chance to beat the offer and couldn't, maybe things would be different. Hating him may bring as much life to Baltimore as loving him would have... at least when the Yankees are in town.

Maybe the "hates" thing is a little extreme, but who cares. Is Tex gonna go home and cry himself to sleep because of it? Professional athletes with over $100 mill should know they need to have some thick skin. The fans will do as they want.

Guest Sailor Jerry

Your mistake was listening to that moronic imbecile in the first place. Why bother listening to an angry, bitter, know-nothing? If you pay attention to the lowest common denominator of sports talk, expect to hear LCD-level content.

You can boo a guy all you want and talk about how you hate him all you want, but directing those types of insults at a guy is crossing the line. Booing is part of sports past, present, and future. Personal insults have no place in the game.

Just more confirmation that me not listening to, nor watching, ESPN has been the correct choice for me over the past few years. Since when did having a passionate crowd at a sporting event become a bad thing? I expected nothing less, and loved hearing it on the TV.

These "journalists" are making more out of this than the players are. Then again, ESPN needs to step up to the plate and be the Yankee apologists that they typically are.

I didn't read this but I sort of agree that it is possible to go over the top. Do I want Tex to be ashamed? Sure. Do I want him to regret choosing the Yankees? Yes. But some people on here are talking about stuff like "haha I bet his family is miserable" and stuff like that. I get passion, but that's a bit bizarre. I don't really want him to suffer.

Archived