How many wins in the next 14 games?

Sports Guy

How many wins   

74 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins in the next 14 games?

The Os are about to start arguably their toughest stretch of the season.

4 games at home vs Boston.

3 games at the Mets 

4 games at home vs Houston

3 games at the Dodgers

Weird scheduling there too.

How many of these games do you think we win?  

While playing these 14 games, the Yankees have:

3 at Det

3 vs Cle

3 vs Colorado

3 at Nats

This stretch could determine the ALE winner.

Edited by Sports Guy

2-2 vs. BOS

2-1 at NYM

2-2 vs. HOU

1-2 at LAD

So 7-7.  The way we're playing, sounds about right.  I expect us to be about 2-3 games behind NYY after this stretch but then we get a somewhat soft September.  But, still gotta play the games.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

2-2 vs. BOS

2-1 at NYM

2-2 vs. HOU

1-2 at LAD

So 7-7.  The way we're playing, sounds about right.  I expect us to be about 2-3 games behind NYY after this stretch but then we get a somewhat soft September.  But, still gotta play the games.

This is exactly what I was thinking but I’m going to be optimistic and say they find another win in there and make it 8-6.

If they keep within 3 games of NY, I will feel pretty good about things.

Edited by Sports Guy

7-7 or 8-6.  

The good thing is after this stretch they have a series against the Rockies who are inept...yet, we're awful against the NL somehow this season.  Then the White Sox, then the Rays.  

So it should get a little easier after this tricky stretch. 

I still think this comes down to the wire between us and the Yankees with the 3 game series in New York in late September looming large.  And then of course the last series of the season is against the Twins who always give us fits.  I can't wait to see Bailey Ober soft toss his way through 7 shutout innings to ensure we lose the division to the Yankees, it's gonna be awesome.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

7-7 or 8-6.  

The good thing is after this stretch they have a series against the Rockies who are inept...yet, we're awful against the NL somehow this season.  Then the White Sox, then the Rays.  

So it should get a little easier after this tricky stretch. 

I still think this comes down to the wire between us and the Yankees with the 3 game series in New York in late September looming large.  And then of course the last series of the season is against the Twins who always give us fits.  I can't wait to see Bailey Ober soft toss his way through 7 shutout innings to ensure we lose the division to the Yankees, it's gonna be awesome.

For those series to matter, we have to stay within striking distance now. That’s why I think this stretch is so important.

Outside of the Cle series, the Yankees have it pretty easy during this stretch. They do face some pesky teams where I don’t expect sweeps but they should win 8-9 games out of the next 12.

28 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This is exactly what I was thinking but I’m going to be optimistic and say they find another win in there and make it 8-6.

If they keep within 3 games of NY, I will feel pretty good about things.

Yeah - I'm really hoping DET decides to shut Skubal down a bit early or at least limit innings in September.  We play them 6 times in September, it would be nice to not have to face him.

41 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Yeah - I'm really hoping DET decides to shut Skubal down a bit early or at least limit innings in September.  We play them 6 times in September, it would be nice to not have to face him.

Yeesh it will be all the way to Spetember and still haven't palyed the Tigers. Weird. 

We have Burnes/Eflin thrice during this sequence, which would be 6.

I have Faith in lots of things, but little faith in a sudden improvement in defense, Jiminez suddenly putting balls in the air, Rogers getting a hearty helpin’ of Orioles Magic, or anybody in the bullpen suddenly remembering how to earn that 740K minimum pay(or that 13 Mill for Mr Kimbrel)

So I went 6 but will continue to hope for 9.

All while the NYY blast through low-calorie opponents without breaking a sweat.

On 8/15/2024 at 4:35 AM, glenn__davis said:

2-2 vs. BOS

2-1 at NYM

2-2 vs. HOU

1-2 at LAD

This team just doesnt have the pitching. Burnes has been mostly mediocre for the last 3 starts and may be tiring. Eflin has been excellent, but from there, you dont have any rotation stoppers. Not Kremer, not Povich, nor Suarez. Certainly not Rogers...The Orioles are treading water in the hopes they get Webb, Rodriguez, and Coulombe back.But right now, the Orioles are barely keeping their head above water.

Our Coors Field and White Sox games are right behind these for a set of 20.

Coors Field can be discombobulating.   The weird scheduling continues Labor Day as we have to play Monday afternoon at OPACY after Sunday afternoon at a mile high.

It is baseball so you can't really say a team ought to be 6-0 in a couple of series, especially with the travel, but that't the catch-up period assuming NYY opens some lead these next dozen games.

We're 1-1 two games along.    NYY does see Skubal in Detroit this weekend while we see if our Bats can beat Bello or Kutter C.    Runs apt to be needed.

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Our Coors Field and White Sox games are right behind these for a set of 20.

Coors Field can be discombobulating.   The weird scheduling continues Labor Day as we have to play Monday afternoon at OPACY after Sunday afternoon at a mile high.

It is baseball so you can't really say a team ought to be 6-0 in a couple of series, especially with the travel, but that't the catch-up period assuming NYY opens some lead these next dozen games.

We're 1-1 two games along.    NYY does see Skubal in Detroit this weekend while we see if our Bats can beat Bello or Kutter C.    Runs apt to be needed.

They will actually see Skubal in Williamsport, PA lol.

• Thanks 1