METS August 21…going for a series win with mighty Cole Irvin

HowAboutThat

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

i know that Tate is not here. I'm saying I would have preferred him to be in that spot, which means they should have sent Burch to the minors since he was worn out. I know they were not going to cut bait with Kimbreal.

BTW, we all know Kimbrel can't work on back to back days.

Hitters have a 462 OPS against him when he pitches on zero days rest.

Agree they should have kept Tate up here but I don’t have any more confidence in him.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Just watching on game day, but can't foul of a middle-middle changeup. Just can't. You have to make a pitch hurt for that kind of mistake. that as 100% on Gunnar not coming through on that pitch.

Absolute meatball. 

Henderson showboating again, and he almost threw it over Mountcastle’s head. He had plenty of time to set his feet and throw carefully, but wanted to toss his golden locks and flourish his splendid arm…and almost threw the ball into the dugout.

This is a problem.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Hitters have a 462 OPS against him when he pitches on zero days rest.

Agree they should have kept Tate up here but I don’t have any more confidence in him.

He also has allowed three earned runs and we know that he has totally sucked lately. You want him there, you can go to the Hyde school of bullpen management. 

I don't want Kimbrel pitching anything close to a tie game. He's a disaster waiting to happen every time he pitches.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

Henderson showboating again, and he almost threw it over Mountcastle’s head. He had plenty of time to set his feet and throw carefully, but wanted to toss his golden locks and flourish his splendid arm…and almost threw the ball into the dugout.

This is a problem.

He obviously didn't have plenty of time.  Otherwise, Iglesias would have been out because Mountcastle's foot came right back down on the bag.