Should Hyde win a second consecutive Manager of the Year?

Frobby

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Asking for a friend.  😎

The last two days of making great pinch hitting and bullpen decisions don’t erase how horrible he has been before that. 

Had he used the pen better earlier in the season would be up about 12 games. Heck maybe 15 plus!!!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

This thread will quickly devolve into the 7th circle of hell, but before it does, I want to say that while I don’t think Hyde deserves MOTY (and I doubt Frobby does, either), he’s done a good job navigating a LOT of adversity. Missing 25% of our starters, and we are still 1 win behind the most in MLB. 

This team has looked flat through a lot of the last 2 months, but we are still hanging around in the thick of things despite what feels like 3/4 of this board wanting to pack it in and fire Hyde. I’m not saying the manager isn’t subject to criticism, but some of you have the patience of a 3 year old. This isn’t putting my head in the sand, it’s taking a wait-and-see approach and knowing that whatever will be will be.

There is a lot of baseball left to go. I can’t wait to see how we do. It’s felt like we’ve been trying to get out of 2nd gear for the entire month of August, and I’d rather hope we do than worry that we won’t. We have a chance to take 3 of 4 from a very good Astros team tomorrow afternoon. Let’s start there and have a great flight out to Hollywood. 

Edited by Sanfran327
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The last two days of making great pinch hitting and bullpen decisions don’t erase how horrible he has been before that. 

Had he used the pen better earlier in the season would be up about 12 games. Heck maybe 15 plus!!!

Hopefully, this is the worst post you’ve ever made.   I’d hate to think you are capable of worse.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Has a manager EVER won back to back?   seems like not winning recently is almost a criteria for this award.

Speaking of criteria, what are they exactly? One could argue that managers of some 100 loss teams should have been manager of the year. Staring on my phone and far removed from the actual managing people part I feel like I have no basis on which to evaluate.

1 minute ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Speaking of criteria, what are they exactly? One could argue that managers of some 100 loss teams should have been manager of the year. Staring on my phone and far removed from the actual managing people part I feel like I have no basis on which to evaluate.

No clue.

I thought Hyde was more deserving in 2022 than 2023.

• Upvote 2