When are we going to find a real closer?

Great 2BA FL Gator

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since July 1st of 2008 Sherrill has pitched in 22 games and here's his line:

20 innings pitched

24 hits

26 Ks

15 walks

14 earned runs

6.30 ERA

Has any closer in MLB been this bad for that period?

I really, really dislike when people take stats going back to the previous season. There are how many months off in between seasons? Not to mention that you have to factor in fatigue from the season's worth of work he put in up until July.

We have a lot of potential closers in our system...But we need to get them up here sooner than later.

You have to have a shut down guy at the back end of the pen if you want to contend on a consistent basis.

We need to throw our kids out there this year and see how they handle the majors.

We have a lot of potential closers in our system...But we need to get them up here sooner than later.

You have to have a shut down guy at the back end of the pen if you want to contend on a consistent basis.

We need to throw our kids out there this year and see how they handle the majors.

I'd think Johnson could handle the role. But the Orioles may feel that they can put Ray back in it.

I'd think Johnson could handle the role. But the Orioles may feel that they can put Ray back in it.

I wouldn't trust JJ.

Ray has a chance but needs to get a consistent second pitch.

DHernandez, Liz, Mickolio or Perez.

All 4 of them should be up and in the pen this year.

Let's hear from more people who think we need to keep Sherrill. He is the worst! I hate GEORGE SHERRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well of course we should KEEP him. Just not as a closer. The guy's a LOOGY and he always has been.

Archived