Jim'sKid26 ok down in Ashville

Tony-OH

8 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

Thanks everyone. We are in a bad way here. Things are still evolving but the devastation is off the charts. This is worse than the 1916 flood, which was the worst on record. 

Thanks for the support. Many people are suffering. We have the hospital open and functioning in disaster mode. Doing our best in a really bad situation.

I may try to check into OH for a break, now and then. Go O's!

We are all so sorry for everything that has happened down there. How did you make out personally? Was your house affected? How do you feel the response has gone? Are people flocking in there to help? Is it not enough? Too much? 

Lived in South Florida on and off my whole life, So most of the storms impact us but Dont hit us. But every once in while one does, so I've seen first hand. Wishing everybody in any affected area the best. The devastation these weather events can cause is mind numbing.

Hoping help gets there soon in every way. Got a first cousin up in Fairview, but can't get in touch with him or his wife. I'm 

hoping it's just the lack of power and cell coverage. I saw him a few weeks back up there.

We played a gig while in Asheville on that trip and I mentioned to the kids, "See that river. It's the French Broad. Do you know 

it's famous for?" They didn't know, and I told them about the flood of 1916. I'd read and seen pictures of it for years, 

but I think the devastation is pretty much in line with or exceeded that flood.