Todays lineup: No Markakis Again

jjdman

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And that is why i have Cindy on ignore.

BTW, who was the moron early in that thread calling JoeOrsulak uneducated for thinking we were a 70ish win team last year? What a douche! :D

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? SG admitting he was wrong, laughing and poking fun at himself? NO WAY!

You also mentioned in that thread that Glaus and Mora was a tossup, for that year anyway. Mora: .733 OPS. Glaus: .868 OPS. Sorry, had to.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? SG admitting he was wrong, laughing and poking fun at himself? NO WAY!

You also mentioned in that thread that Glaus and Mora was a tossup, for that year anyway. Mora: .733 OPS. Glaus: .868 OPS. Sorry, had to.

What a piss poor prediction. :P

Yes i did...However, i also had the argument with several people that Glaus would be much better over the next 3 years and most disagreed with me.

Also, you will notice i said all around...Mora's defense was slightly ahead of Glaus' going into last year IMO. That has changed since then.

I didn't expect such a sharp dropoff in Mora's offense and defense last year.

Yes i did...However, i also had the argument with several people that Glaus would be much better over the next 3 years and most disagreed with me.

Also, you will notice i said all around...Mora's defense was slightly ahead of Glaus' going into last year IMO. That has changed since then.

I didn't expect such a sharp dropoff in Mora's offense and defense last year.

I don't think any of us did. Especially with the way he started the season.

I have admitted Im senstive and going thru a horrible time peronally.I realise you could care less

I just try to treat you like I would anyone else. For that I get negative rep points. This is the second time you've done that to me, so, like SG, I'm just going to put you on ignore as well.

And that is why i have Cindy on ignore.

BTW, who was the moron early in that thread calling JoeOrsulak uneducated for thinking we were a 70ish win team last year? What a douche! :D

Anyone should hope and pray they are on SG's Ignore List, Cindy. I know I am. All for being friendly and humanistic to him. Everything he is not. Look at his very uneducated comments, calling someone a do*** for comparing us to a 70's team when we are all here to have fun, talk and learn from each other.

Clearly the only thing he knows from the number of posts is how to bolster his own esteem by getting that number up and staying on here all day utilizing his knowledge in the only area he is comfortable.

Now back to the forum....but Cindy you have my support.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• You've probably heard things like "we need to get into their bullpen". In the gamesmanship of baseball, you only get to face the worst pitchers once the game is out of hand. As long as the game is close, you are likely to face better pitchers.
    • Gunnar Westburg Grayson Mayo Holliday (wait until the offseason and there may be a "buy low" extension opportunity compared to this recent spring training/this past offseason, although that's unlikely with Boras) Burnes Cowser Adley  
    • Claims he couldn’t care less then drops the longest post in the thread on what he claims he couldn’t care less about 🤣🤣🤣
    • It will be a bitter pill to swallow if we end up a couple games worse than NYY and this tabulator imagines they got 50 net runs of help. Sig Mejdal would probably be only to happy to do some pro bono case preparation on behalf of Rob Manfred and David Rubenstein. I do kind of think if/when robo-umps come, Orioles bats may enjoy a short-term preparedness advantage.
    • Mayo and Basallo are the only non-Boras, non-pitchers who will debut at a young enough age that you’d be buying out free agent years before age 30. As much as I’d like to extend Gunnar, Holliday etc., I think those are the most likely candidates. But they have such big question marks about the defensive value they will provide that it might be pretty hard finding the right number. You don’t want to be paying them as a 3B/C when they end up a 1B/DH. And I also don’t expect to Orioles to do an extension before they get some MLB exposure under their belts. Just this year, the Keith and Rafaela extensions are looking really rough and showing the risks to that approach, and I’m going to assume the Orioles will remain very risk averse to guaranteed money until proven otherwise. 
    • After last night's brutal hose job from Laz Diaz, the Orioles are now last in the league in TotFav.  We've lost almost 8 net runs to umpire mistakes this season.  
    • There are quite a few occasions in MLB history of teams taking the right path and the wrong path. Early contracts have risk but by far greatest reward. Atlanta Braves have locked up most of there stars. Acuna, Olsen, Albies, Riley, Strider, Murphy, Harris. Its cost them money up front but will be massive savings down the road. Acuna on the open market would net 50 million per year for over 14 years. They are paying him 12.5 million per season. There are teams like the Nationals who let Harper, Soto, Turner all walk because of ownership and not early intervention. People were saying it was stupid for Juan Soto to turn down Nats contract. He will get more this offseason for sure. Also the Nats were in that situation because they had talks 1.5 years left on the contract.    Contract order for me would go Gunnar-by far number 1, already comparable deal with Witt Jr. Has to get done, Has to be lifelong Oriole Westburg- Not something crazy but buying out arbitration years something like 7-8 years 80-100 million Bradish-something that pays off arbitration and pays 2-3 years free agency. Burnes- Frontloaded contract where first 4 years are majority of pay. Most of our payroll increase comes in 4 years when Adley hits free agency.    I would continue to monitor Holiday.   Adley is a wait and see. He will be a 30 year old catcher. Have to see how Basallo progresses in next year.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now