October 1st: Orioles vs Royals — Wild Card Playoff Game #1

ShoelesJoe

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Hey hate who you wanna hate...lol

A decade ago. They took it from us and were great. I saw nothing but our ineptitude in today's game. And I don't this Royals team is anything special or anything near the 2014/2015 teams they had.

Regardless of who wins this series, I don't really see either team going far.

I think you might be wrong on that...  We can beat the Yankees, but I think we've been struggling more with teams out of our Division in the 2nd half.  So either the Royals or the Tigers were teams I didn't really wanna see, but what do you do?  That's who you get.

But if the Astros manage to beat the Tigers and we beat the Royals, I think we have a better chance at beating the Skanks than any other team.

But PTSD and a hunch had us not advancing if we faced the Royals; despite how "unspecial" they might be...

Burnes will want to sign with a contender in the off season.  Somewhere that will give him more than 0 runs of support on the big stage.   The O's never look good playing on these nationally televised games.  They shrivel and hide in these games. 

• Upvote 1

Adley was the problem on the stolen base that led to the run too. 

He was framing a pitch vs popping up to throw the runner out. Then he throws on the wrong side of the base.

Everything about that was embarrassingly bad.

When you add in his turd at bats, and he was absolute chokingly bad. 

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

Burnes will want to sign with a contender in the off season.  Somewhere that will give him more than 0 runs of support on the big stage.   The O's never look good playing on these nationally televised games.  They shrivel and hide in these games. 

Collect your prize. They do indeed shrink when the magnifying glass is on them. 

11 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Hyde was interviewed recently about how they needed to IBB the elite. And then he goes and lets Witt hit with a runner on 3rd.

Is he ready for prime time?

Hyde can’t make our offense hit with RISP. Literally no words can come out of his mouth to make that happen. A team that can’t score in 9 deserves to lose.

3 minutes ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

I think you might be wrong on that...  We can beat the Yankees, but I think we've been struggling more with teams out of our Division in the 2nd half.  So either the Royals or the Tigers were teams I didn't really wanna see, but what do you do?  That's who you get.

But if the Astros manage to beat the Tigers and we beat the Royals, I think we have a better chance at beating the Skanks than any other team.

But PTSD and a hunch had us not advancing if we faced the Royals; despite how "unspecial" they might be...

The Yankees may be the only team that we can beat in the postseason. And I don't think that this offense would have much of a shot against Cole (see last week's game).

4 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I have WAY MORE confidence in the Ravens than I ever have in the Orioles! At least the Ravens put forth maximum effort from president down. They said we have an issue running the ball so we go get the best RB possible. Orioles saw bullpen was bad without Felix and got ... ??

Whats the BP got to do with Today's game?

3 minutes ago, daveyj15 said:

When McCann swung at 2 balls and didn't move Mullins, I just knew it was over. Burnes probably can't wait to get off this non-hitting team. (And I'm an O's fan for 54 years.)

That was the turning point of the game 

Felt the same.  It was over at that point 

• Upvote 1

Watch they win between 90 and 100 games next year again and then fail in the playoffs. This team may be a good regular season team (when healthy), but it's just not built for the postseason. In the playoffs you need clutch situational hitting, you need speed on the bases, and you need a shutdown pen. They have none of the above.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He was framing a pitch vs popping up to throw the runner out. Then he throws on the wrong side of the base.

Burnes also could have not walked the 9th place hitter (who sucks at batting). McCann also had some terrible ABs with runners in scoring position too. 

Enough blame to go around.

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Hyde can’t make our offense hit with RISP. Literally no words can come out of his mouth to make that happen. A team that can’t score in 9 deserves to lose.

Oh, the offense being headcases with RISP isn’t on Hyde. They had their share of opportunities.

But you don’t pitch to Witt there.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Adley was in the DH spot that led to run. He is in a wrath of god type slump, but lets quit piling on.