10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

5 minutes ago, foxfield said:

This is where we would be @Moose Milliganimage.thumb.jpg.8890cec182c718c4a606b719cd7e5bc9.jpg

Great seats, but I'm perfectly happy to sit at home and watch.  Me not wanting to go isn't necessarily an indictment on how unhappy I am with the team...it's more about watching from home is hard to beat...no traffic, no parking, cheaper food, can turn it off if they're getting taken to the woodshed, etc.

Am I the only one who thinks the win prob stat at the top of the score box being there constantly is obnoxious?  Yesterday's game, bottom 5, we have 1st and 3rd with one out, and McCann is up.  We all know what happened.  But prior to the first pitch?  We allegedly had a 67% probability of winning.

I'd have to look long and far to find anyone who was 67% confident we were going to even score a run there, let alone win the game.  Just a dumb stat.

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

I don't get AR batting #5. At all. This is on Hyde.

I don't either but I'm hoping that opinion makes me look foolish in an hour or so.  I think its because he's a switch hitter, and being in the middle really plays well to the L/R/L in the lineup.  Problem w/ that is of course that he's a terrible hitter from both sides of the plate right now, so its not all that useful.

6 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Meadows goes yard and Detroit up 1-0.  They are just playing perfect baseball and getting all the batted ball luck they need.  Destiny involved here for sure, if you believe in that sort of thing.

Playoffs is all about which team is hot... I don't like it. The old system was the World Series between the AL best record vs. the NL best record. The 162-game regular season was the playoffs. It will never come back, but then baseball will never be back as America's #1 sport either.

• Upvote 1