July 22nd: Orioles vs. Yankees

NCRaven

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really considering sending an email to someone in the O's organization asking why they're letting Gary Thorne do Yankees/Red Sox game's when he's obviously more excited for their team then ours.

Seriously, he makes listening to the game unbearable.

I agree 100%. I'm going to listen to the game on WBAL and watch the TV on mute.

Offf Course.

My finger is so close to the power button. For now I'm just gonna watch the game on mute, because Gary Thorne is pissing me off.

Thorne is terrible sometimes. Hes excited and ENJOYING Swisher make that play.

Granted it was a good play/redeemed what he did earlier...no one watching Masn is excited after that catch. Just please get someone who can understand who is watching.

And I'm fine with that if his hitting doesn't improve. But if Pie eventually can get to being a .780ish OPS guy, which I think is possible, although not probable at this point, then he should be starting in LF and Reimold move to DH (with Scott at 1B or traded).

Exactly. And we won't know whether he's capable of this until he gets a little more regular playing time. Even once a week is reasonable. Just getting his second start since July 1st, however, is not.

I'm really considering sending an email to someone in the O's organization asking why they're letting Gary Thorne do Yankees/Red Sox game's when he's obviously more excited for their team then ours.

Seriously, he makes listening to the game unbearable.

It'd be a letter to MASN. Not snarking on you, just letting you know. I'm sure the O's organization has a bit of influence on MASN seeing as Angelos owns both, but the O's aren't directly in charge of MASN (as far as I know).

It'd be a letter to MASN. Not snarking on you, just letting you know. I'm sure the O's organization has a bit of influence on MASN seeing as Angelos owns both, but the O's aren't directly in charge of MASN (as far as I know).

Okay thanks, I wasn't sure to be quite honest so that's helpful if I get mad enough.

Then again, with the mute on I feel my urge to kill fading.

PS, that play by Swisher was GREAT and deserving of praise from even non-Yankee fans. Save your indignition for the times Thorne cheers on completely routine plays.

Yeah, I wasn't even pissed about that. If they're going to make plays like that to keep us from scoring, I can't really complain. Very well earned.

Yeah, I wasn't even pissed about that. If they're going to make plays like that to keep us from scoring, I can't really complain. Very well earned.

The thing that bugs me is that he rarely gets that hyped if an ORIOLE makes that play. And I watch dang near every game, but I NEVER heard him get so excited for any team not named the Red Sox or Yankees.

If a National, or Blue Jay or White Sock makes that play... he does not get all hyped like it's the greatest play on earth. THATS what bugs me about that call and Thorne in general.

Not to mention I hate the Yankees. I think if he DID get hyped for say... The Indians, it certainly wouldn't bother me as much.

Can we imagine Michael Kay going "WHAT A PLAY BY NICK MARKAKIS! OH MY GOODNESS!"

I sure can't.

PS, that play by Swisher was GREAT and deserving of praise from even non-Yankee fans. Save your indignition for the times Thorne cheers on completely routine plays.

Eh, it was a running catch. If he wasn't such a lumbering oaf he wouldn't even have had to muster up that two-inch leap at the end.

Archived