Big Papi on '03 list as well

Great 2BA FL Gator

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I REALLY don't get why many baseball writers have come out saying that HGH is not much of a problem anymore and REALLY don't get those who are still downplaying the positive effects of steroids/HGH on a player's performance. This whole mess is all about money - the extra millions made by players with juiced numbers and the millions made by MLB thanks to the "heroics" of the game's enhanced stars.

I think the MLB has probably done pretty well in discouraging younger players from starting the juice, but testing postiive years ago didn't keep Manny from switching over to HGH and I doubt it stopped Ortiz. The only thing that makes me happy about these stories is that they might continue to pressure MLB into an Olympic-style drug testing system. I'd rather have an innocent guy sit out a few games to clear up an inconclusive test (the problem with Olympics testing) than have World Series decided by better chemistry and by who is more willing to grow man-boobs.

Really?

Half our team was on the stuff and we didn't win anything. At least they have a few rings to show for it.

I love it because Red Sox fans were so adamant that he was not on the juice. At this point, nobody would surprise me (and I have been that way for a few years now), but if you suggested that Ortiz took something, those were fightin' words to a Sox fan.

I love it because Red Sox fans were so adamant that he was not on the juice. At this point, nobody would surprise me (and I have been that way for a few years now), but if you suggested that Ortiz took something, those were fightin' words to a Sox fan.

As far as I'm concerned, so many used, we have no idea exactly who, so who really cares. They all get tested now, and punished if positive. Why the 2003 list means anything nowadays is beyond me. Who cares.

Im not suprised at all. Frankly, I dont think it matters. People were speculating it anyway. It was a bad era in baseball, and hopefully we have closed the chapter on it.

Exactly..Just publish the whole list, that way everyone can get the "I told you so" crap out of the way and life can go on after that. This "hijacking" the season whenever something comes out is ridiculous.

Really?

Half our team was on the stuff and we didn't win anything. At least they have a few rings to show for it. Again, people in glass houses.....etc

Really?

I have been saying for a LOOOOONG time that both of them were dirty and now we have a little proof. I just wanted to enjoy the moment with you.

BTW, they are now tainted rings.

Guest JChav
Exactly..Just publish the whole list, that way everyone can get the "I told you so" crap out of the way and life can go on after that. This "hijacking" the season whenever something comes out is ridiculous.

That's just not going to happen. Whoever is leaking these leads to the media is surely making big bucks from outlets vying to be the ones to break the news. The anonymous whistle blower(s) are gonna milk this treasure trove for everything it's got.

And sure, we had players on the list as well. But seeing the two guys you could not have won it all without go down the way Sox fans are seeing right now is far and away more staggering than Gibbons and BRob combining for 28 homeruns (2003).

Archived