ACC Tourney thread

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Favors was inclined to do so, I think he could dominate virtually every game. He just doesn't work very hard most of the time and the team doesn't feel the post well. I'd be worry about him deciding to go hard the rest of the game if I'm a Duke fan.

SG is right. Favor is by far the best player on the floor. He is the most talented player in the ACC.

Favors is ridiculously good...I haven't seen much of Cousins down in Kentucky but its hard to believe he is any better than Favors..I am so glad he is leaving after this season. :D

9 out of 12 titles for Duke...I don't care if you love them or hate them, to do that in this league is amazing.

They own this tourney right now.

Congrats to Duke. They earned this game.

GT should be very proud. They played extremely hard and fairly well today.

I don't think either team played all that well. If Tech had really played well, they would have won by a solid margin and pulled away late as Duke fouled. If Duke had really played well, they would have won by 20 and it would have been over by the ten-minute mark.

But neither team gave up, despite how demoralized Tech looked at times, so both teams should get that credit. They both also picked up their play late, and since Duke had the lead they were able to keep it.

Favors is ridiculously good...I haven't seen much of Cousins down in Kentucky but its hard to believe he is any better than Favors..I am so glad he is leaving after this season. :D

9 out of 12 titles for Duke...I don't care if you love them or hate them, to do that in this league is amazing.

They own this tourney right now.

Seriously. They are on a hell of a run.

Still suck, though :D

I don't think either team played all that well. If Tech had really played well, they would have won by a solid margin and pulled away late as Duke fouled. If Duke had really played well, they would have won by 20 and it would have been over by the ten-minute mark.

But neither team gave up, despite how demoralized Tech looked at times, so both teams should get that credit. They both also picked up their play late, and since Duke had the lead they were able to keep it.

4 games in 4 days for GT...3 games in 3 days for Duke.

They were both tired but they played well when you factor that in.

God it pains me to my core to say it....but congrats to Duke and Coach K. He's the best coach in college basketball, and I think he'll go down as one of the top 2-3 of all time when it's all said and done. He manages to do a heck of a lot with limited rosters sometimes.

I'm really shocked that GT didn't do better in the ACC this year. They have one absolute lock lottery pick in Favors (most talented big man in the nation), another first round pick in Lawal, and some solid depth. I'm shocked Hewitt couldn't do more with all of that talent, although their guard play is spotty.

4 games in 4 days for GT...3 games in 3 days for Duke.

They were both tired but they played well when you factor that in.

Neither team really had legs, and it showed. Even though Tech was the one that had to play four days in a row, they have a deeper bench and they did a good job of making Duke exert a lot of energy just to get the ball over the half-court line. The level of effort by both teams in this game was great, even if everyone looked tired.

Archived