4/12 Rays at Orioles

ChaosLex

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jones just cost us a run with that hot dog BS that turned into a "triple". If I didn't know better, I'd say he is competing with Pie in his mind.

I'm going to ask this as an honest question, and hope that the anti-Jones cabal doesn't lay into me. (I don't mean to imply that you're part of said cabal. BTW.)

Clearly, a single scores a run there, no?

So, if Jones is properly backed up by Pie (who took a bad path and let the ball squib by him, it appeared) isn't that gamble on the dive worth it?

Score early, get good starting pitching to keep it close, don't get a hit after the second inning, let the game slip away by poor defense and a tiring starter, go through the motions until the game is in the loss column.

The worst kind of game and it keeps happening over and over.

I'm going to ask this as an honest question, and hope that the anti-Jones cabal doesn't lay into me.

Clearly, a single scores a run there, no?

So, if Jones is properly backed up by Pie (who took a bad path and let the ball squib by him, it appeared) isn't that gamble on the dive worth it?

I just think Pie out runs the ball there and gets it. Jones is a half step behind and has to dive. Pie also has better reactions to the ball.

Archived