Markakis

Sports Guy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OldFan won't see this as "clutch" because he didn't hit the ball 850 feet, but the walk to lead off the 10th inning was just an awesome at-bat, and I consider it "clutch" that he got on base.

Especially since he started off 0-2, right?

Even if he wasn't, he was definitely behind in that at bat at some point.

I'm pretty sure he was 0-2

Nick was one and two after a first pitch ball. He fouled off two more pitches before the Boston Dancer walked him. Eight pitch at-bat. Good job by Nick, bad job by Papelbon. How sweet it is!

Back to the thread......

Did anyone notice the adjustment Markakis made is his stance/bat positioning? He looked a pinch more upright and he was resting the bat on his shoulder all the way up until he swung. I didn't notice it last night, seems like tonight was the first time he did it.

I wonder if he saw something on film and this will help him stay back? Either way, NM is ON FIRE the last 9 games or so, hopefully the rest of lineuo follows suit.

I noticed that too. Seems like his front leg isn't locked out as hard and, like you said, the bat is now on his shoulder with spaghetti arms.

Yeah, Markakis is ripping those singles isn't he? I just think for the money he is getting paid he ought to average more than one rbi per week (he now has 5 and this is the first week of May). But I guess I am expecting too much as of course it is never his fault.:rolleyes:

Markakis leads the team in extra base hits.

You fail once more.

Yeah, that was a nice walk by Markakis which is probably the one thing he does best of all. Unfortunately, there is no award for Most Walks in a season or Close and Late Walks. What Wiggi did though was the real story. He kept fouling off pitches until he finally got the GWRBI. Big time clutch hit.:clap3:

Yeah, that was a nice walk by Markakis which is probably the one thing he does best of all. Unfortunately, there is no award for Most Walks in a season or Close and Late Walks. What Wiggi did though was the real story. He kept fouling off pitches until he finally got the GWRBI. Big time clutch hit.:clap3:

You are a joke. Through and through.

That's all.

I'm not quite sure what your deal is...I'm not sure if you're afraid to admit that your thoughts on the game aren't always correct but that walk did get him on base. And, in turn, he wound up on 2nd, allowing Wiggy to get that hit.

What part of that do you not understand? Why would you try to downplay getting on base?

I'm not quite sure what your deal is...I'm not sure if you're afraid to admit that your thoughts on the game aren't always correct but that walk did get him on base. And, in turn, he wound up on 2nd, allowing Wiggy to get that hit.

What part of that do you not understand? Why would you try to downplay getting on base?

Yeah I dont really understand how you can dislike a guy who is probably the best pure hitter the Orioles have had in the last decade other than Miggy, and he plays Gold Glove worthy defense at his position. That is some extreme vendetta you have there.

What makes guys like Jeter, Youk and Pedroia so valuable late in games -- they get on base anyway they can, including walks. Great at bat by Nick.

Yeah I dont really understand how you can dislike a guy who is probably the best pure hitter the Orioles have had in the last decade other than Miggy, and he plays Gold Glove worthy defense at his position. That is some extreme vendetta you have there.

Oh don't even bring up the freakin Gold Glove debate....I think that's O5F's favorite rallying cry against him.

If Nick didn't get on, Wiggy just has a base hit that does nothing else but put him on first.

Do you understand that?

Do you understand that for a team to score runs, their players have to get on base? do you understand that you need to score more runs than the other team to win?

Archived