Markakis

Sports Guy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick's numbers up to very, very close to his 2008 numbers:

2010 (so far): .304/.398/.500

2008 (season): .306/.406/.491

He's on pace for only 14 homers, but also on pace for a dizzying 68 doubles. As Moose (and just everyone else on this board) has said, leave him in the two-hole.

Nick's numbers up to very, very close to his 2008 numbers:

2010 (so far): .304/.398/.500

2008 (season): .306/.406/.491

He's on pace for only 14 homers, but also on pace for a dizzying 68 doubles. As Moose (and just everyone else on this board) has said, leave him in the two-hole.

If he finishes the season within 10 of the 88 extra base hits he is on pace for, I don't see how anybody can be disappointed.

Nick's cracked the top 20 in the majors in OPS with tonights performance. He's closing in on the Top 10 now, which would give the O's two guys (Wiggy is 4th) for the first time since early last season in the top 10 in OPS.

Warming up...

Cmon Frobby, Jones got hurt last season and missed a bunch of games. That isn't even a fair comparison as he didn't play in nearly as many game and you know that. My Lord, are even you that biased for Markakis versus Jones?:confused:

At the time Jones got hurt last year, his average was falling like a rock. Honestly, if he hadn't gotten hurt, it wouldn't have surprised me if he ended the year below .260.

I like both players, I'm just being honest about what happened. That said, I still think Jones has a ton of potential. He's looked a little better at the plate the last 3-4 games, hopefully he will get on a roll now.

Back to Nick -- I posted this morning that I felt he was about to go on a roll. He certainly had a great night tonight. It's refreshing to see us scoring some runs. Let's keep 'em coming!

At the time Jones got hurt last year, his average was falling like a rock. Honestly, if he hadn't gotten hurt, it wouldn't have surprised me if he ended the year below .260.

I like both players, I'm just being honest about what happened. That said, I still think Jones has a ton of potential. He's looked a little better at the plate the last 3-4 games, hopefully he will get on a roll now.

Back to Nick -- I posted this morning that I felt he was about to go on a roll. He certainly had a great night tonight. It's refreshing to see us scoring some runs. Let's keep 'em coming!

Looks like he's headed towards a homer tear.

Back to the thread......

Did anyone notice the adjustment Markakis made is his stance/bat positioning? He looked a pinch more upright and he was resting the bat on his shoulder all the way up until he swung. I didn't notice it last night, seems like tonight was the first time he did it.

I wonder if he saw something on film and this will help him stay back? Either way, NM is ON FIRE the last 9 games or so, hopefully the rest of lineuo follows suit.

Nick now batting .313/.407/.500 after today's game. And, he's hitting everything hard now. He hasn't struck out in the last 5 games and only 3 times in the last 10.

Oh, and on pace for 104 walks. Some of us understand the value of that.

Nick now batting .313/.407/.500 after today's game. And, he's hitting everything hard now. He hasn't struck out in the last 5 games and only 3 times in the last 10.

The thread title should be "Nick Batting 2nd" and should be bumped all the time so hopefully people in the Warehouse are hopefully seeing it.

Coincidence that we've won a few since Nick has been starting to hit 2nd? I don't think so.

He scored the winning run today on a walk!

Archived