It might be time to cleanout the clubhouse

JTrea81

If I had to choose one player that needed to go it would be Adam Jones. For all his potential he certainly seems like a guy that is more interested in being the player he wants to be not the best he can be. Also if I wanted to sacrifice the present for the future I would part company with Matt Weiters. I keep hearing about how he is going to be the best in baseball... best get something out of him while you can.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this could be one course of action. It probably wouldn't work very well, but what are we going to do?

I don't advocate trading Nick, but maybe there are two courses to winning in the AL East.

One, spend like you have to get rid of your money like the Sox and Yanks.

Two, lose so badly that you accumulate so much talent you almost have to win for a little while. See the Rays.

Anything in between won't work. See the Jays and the O's.

Yeah, lets trade Nick. One of the ONLY guys we have worth a damn on offense.

Brilliant Trea, just brilliant.

If he's is a negative influence now due to the losing bringing him down, perhaps it's worth removing him and getting a haul in return. You might even get a player that's better than him in a few years time...

I think Jones is likely a way bigger problem than Nick and he isn't nearly as good a player as Nick is.

So, I would trade him way before Markakis.

The problem is you need a major infusion of talent, and right now, Markakis is probably the only player in Baltimore that could bring it.

If he's a clubhouse cancer, perhaps it's worth removing him and getting a haul in return. You might even get a player that's better than him in a few years time...

A clubhouse cancer? Are you for real?

Give me one shred of evidence that this is the case. Just one.

All Nick has done is put up consistent, solid numbers playing for an absolute joke of a franchise.

If he was mailing it in, he would have done it a long time ago and his numbers wouldn't be in the same area code as what they've been.

This is one of your more goofy ideas and that's saying a lot.

If I had to choose one player that needed to go it would be Adam Jones. For all his potential he certainly seems like a guy that is more interested in being the player he wants to be not the best he can be. Also if I wanted to sacrifice the present for the future I would part company with Matt Weiters. I keep hearing about how he is going to be the best in baseball... best get something out of him while you can.

:eek:

Blasphemer!!!

Thou shalt not trade The Switch-Hitting Jesus, for His bat would surely smite the Orioles. Yea, verily!

Blessed Be Thy Name, Wieters.

Amen. :pray:

The problem is you need a major infusion of talent, and right now, Markakis is probably the only player in Baltimore that could bring it.

Look, I am not opposed to trading Nick but you would need to get an incredible package for him IMO and I am not sure that package exists.

Nick is the guy to build around..along with Wieters and Matusz.

Pie can play CF and be the player Jones is/can be.

Don't see Nick as a clubhouse cancer.

Hell, even I one of his biggest detractors have never seen Markakis as a clubhouse cancer. He always hustles (even tonight was hustling down to first when they were down 11-0) and quiet guys like him are rarely clubhouse cancers. He just isn't much of a leader but would probably become an all-star on a talent laden team like the Yankees or Boston where he wouldn't have to be the main guy like he is with the Orioles and doesn't seem to handle it well.

Archived