Now that we have a better idea...

as to who will be available, who do you like for round 3 pick 3? I still really like Vincent Velasquez. I am sad to see a few other of my favorite HS arms go so quickly, but what can you expect?

I know the word was that we are targeting a college bat in round 3, but does that change with our 1st round pick being a position player?

We will need some safety, and round 3 is the only chance to really get any type of safety in our draft without limiting ceiling too too much, but I would rather go with the BPA still regardless......

Gotta go college bat. Jordan has said he wants a player with toughness so that's what we'll be looking for.

I think Jordan's going to try to load up on overslot position players in this draft in the early rounds.

Gotta go college bat. Jordan has said he wants a player with toughness so that's what we'll be looking for.

I think Jordan's going to try to load up on overslot position players in this draft in the early rounds.

Aren't your overslot opportunities going to be HS kids?

A few college bats to consider

Todd Cunningham OF, Jacksonville State

Mel Rojas Jr. OF, Wabash Valley CC

Rob Segedin 3B, Tulane

Jedd Gyorko - SS West Virginia (projects to 2B)

Tyler Holt - OF Florida State

Austin Wates -OF Virginia Tech

Hunter Morris -1B Auburn (Likely long gone)

Cunningham, Morris and even Gyorko could fit nicely. Don't hold your breath on Morris though.

Can't assume Machado will stick at SS.

Plus depth in the MI is not a bad thing to have at all.

I don't assume he'll stick at SS, but he'll play SS for the next few years. Plus, your looking at Machado, Givens, Miclat and Rosa playing SS in the system. At some point you won't have room to get these guys playing time.

Who are some other college bats that could be available at 3:3? Who are some players you guys want to be seen taken.

A name I've heard was Kyle Roller out of ECU, 47th round last year but didnt sign. Heard he could go in the top 10 rounds (maybe around 5 or so?), he has a lot of power.

I doubt they will still be available but I would love to get one of Hunter Morris, Austin Wates, Jarrett Parker, Josh Rutledge, or Derek Dietrich. I am hoping that a couple of teams draft players above where they are projected to be like yesterday, so a couple of those type of players can fall to us. Even if one of them is still around by our pick, I am afraid we will take a pitcher though.

Archived