McPhail defends pace of hiring a new manager

neverknew97

Saying something about Juan's record and maybe seeing how things play out is dumb.

Why? What if AM already knows that BS has the job but he doesn't want the players to quit on Juan or vice versa. What harm does it do to make the statements that AM did to keep everyone's head in the game? It won't change BS taking the team over in a few weeks.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? What if AM already knows that BS has the job but he doesn't want the players to quit on Juan or vice versa. What harm does it do to make the statements that AM did to keep everyone's head in the game? It won't change BS taking the team over in a few weeks.

Its just an idiotic comment. It makes him look unfit to handle the job.

Why is there always some conspiracy theory? Why does their need to be?

By the way, has he (Buck) been on ESPN lately? I haven't caught too much, so I have no idea. It seems like he's been off-set for a bit, but I could be imagining things.

I asked this earlier in another thread. If he has been off ESPN, its a good sign that he is in manager mode and possibly putting the coaching staff together. If he has been on tv, then more than likely our fears are true and MacPhail is csrewing the pooch!

My biggest concern is why would MacPhail say "we may interview more candidates?"

Let me ask you something...What reason(s) could be the hang up for Buck?

For one, that he and his agent are negotiating the details of his scope of control on the team/organization or any number of terms of the contract. Or that Buck is trying to put together his staff and doesn't want to take over the team until his staff is in place. Or there could be things you and I have no reason to know about. It's foolish, IMO, to jump to all these conclusions about the O's on this. If BS walks because AM dragged his feet, then that's another story. Let's wait until that happens before we break out the pitchforks and head to the warehouse.

It's a two way street, is it not?

I'm not defending AM, but I'm not ready to burn him at the stake either.

The Orioles knew what theyw ere getting into when they decided to go after Buck. They have spoken to him several times and by now, should know every single demand he has...He is either your guy or not..There shouldn't be any holdups outside of waiting to get coaching staff together.

For one, that he and his agent are negotiating the details of his scope of control on the team/organization or any number of terms of the contract. Or that Buck is trying to put together his staff and doesn't want to take over the team until his staff is in place. Or there could be things you and I have no reason to know about. It's foolish, IMO, to jump to all these conclusions about the O's on this. If BS walks because AM dragged his feet, then that's another story. Let's wait until that happens before we break out the pitchforks and head to the warehouse.

The Orioles deserve ZERO benefit of the doubt. They have "earned" that. You want to give it to them, be my guest.

As I said, I think this is all about the coaching staff at this point. That is the only legit reason out there.

The Orioles deserve ZERO benefit of the doubt. They have "earned" that. You want to give it to them, be my guest.

As I said, I think this is all about the coaching staff at this point. That is the only legit reason out there.

I'll go along with this. I don't give them much in the way of "benefit of the doubt". At the same time I'm not going to flip out because we haven't brought him on board yet. We know very little about the situation.

The Orioles knew what theyw ere getting into when they decided to go after Buck. They have spoken to him several times and by now, should know every single demand he has...He is either your guy or not..There shouldn't be any holdups outside of waiting to get coaching staff together.

Two strong willed guys who know what control they want. I would think it is not that black and white.

Archived