War Cam Eagle?

Big Mac

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a damn shame. The shame being that this report is going to drag Cam's name through the mud without the slightest bit of evidence that Cam did anything wrong. Auburn's compliance director is very tough, and very quick to hold players out at the slightest appearance of impropriety. He's let Cam play all season, and Coach Chizik stated very emphatically last night that Cam is eligible to play. Hopefully, this isn't a distraction, and the reports come out that say Cam is completely innocent.

And now the reports that Urban Meyer is behind this story coming to the public. The guy is getting so much flack for letting Newton go, that he wants to drag his name through the mud, just so he looks better. Disgusting. If people actually did some research on this subject other than what ESPN & Fox Sports is telling you, you'd find that it has the makings of a smear campaign.

Auburn has known about this investigation since July, and did their own investigation to make sure none of their people had contact with this Kenny Rogers dope. Nothing was found, and they deemed him eligible. No way in hell he would've touched a football field if he was ineligible.

This Kenny Rogers dude has been under investigation by the NFL for a while now. His company is currently bankrupt. The guy is a crook. And guess where he's from?...yes thats right, Tuscaloosa. Yet it's Cam Newton and Auburn that get the dirt all over them and suffer for this without any shred of evidence. Ridiculous.

And now the reports that Urban Meyer is behind this story coming to the public. The guy is getting so much flack for letting Newton go, that he wants to drag his name through the mud, just so he looks better. Disgusting. If people actually did some research on this subject other than what ESPN & Fox Sports is telling you, you'd find that it has the makings of a smear campaign.

Auburn has known about this investigation since July, and did their own investigation to make sure none of their people had contact with this Kenny Rogers dope. Nothing was found, and they deemed him eligible. No way in hell he would've touched a football field if he was ineligible.

This Kenny Rogers dude has been under investigation by the NFL for a while now. His company is currently bankrupt. The guy is a crook. And guess where he's from?...yes thats right, Tuscaloosa. Yet it's Cam Newton and Auburn that get the dirt all over them and suffer for this without any shred of evidence. Ridiculous.

I heard "through the grapevine" about Urban being behind this, but I haven't seen it reported anywhere. It certainly wouldn't suprise me in the least, as he is pure scum.

Rivals reported it, and Finebaum picked up on it too...take that for what it's worth.

Dan Mullen want to sit on it and let it go, but Meyer convinced all involved to take it public. That's the story anyway. My God, I would love an Auburn/Florida SEC title game.

Yeah, I just saw what Finebaum said. Of course, I wouldn't believe a word he said either. I'll have to check out what Rivals said, since there is a reputable source covering this now.

I don't get why people are shocked at this if it does happen to be true. I bet there is an insane amount of money/goods that change hands at the collegiate level.

Newton, Reggie Bush, Chris Webber, all these scum bag agents preying on college athletes that come from poor backgrounds.

The NCAA needs to address this.

No one has said that Newton was paid to go to Auburn have they? They just said that this agent guy asked Mississippi State for $180k, claimed that he had an offer of $200k elsewhere, and spoke to Newton's father several times. So, it's true that there is no evidence that Auburn paid him anything, but you have to admit that it warrants further investigation.

No one has said that Newton was paid to go to Auburn have they? They just said that this agent guy asked Mississippi State for $180k, claimed that he had an offer of $200k elsewhere, and spoke to Newton's father several times. So, it's true that there is no evidence that Auburn paid him anything, but you have to admit that it warrants further investigation.

No doubt it does warrant further investigation. However, the SEC and NCAA have known about this since at least July and Newton has played every game and been at every practice.

My problem with alot of this is the conclusions being drawn by knuckleheads that Cam is clearly guilty. Some idiot at foxsports.com posted an article urging everyone to not vote for Cam for Heisman. He has no facts to support that Cam or Auburn have done anything wrong, but hey people will pay attention to him b/c he took a strong stance. Also, there was some guy in Orlando saying he won't vote for Cam because he lacks integrity. It would really be a shame if this cost Cam the Heisman and it turned out to be nothing.

No doubt it does warrant further investigation. However, the SEC and NCAA have known about this since at least July and Newton has played every game and been at every practice.

My problem with alot of this is the conclusions being drawn by knuckleheads that Cam is clearly guilty. Some idiot at foxsports.com posted an article urging everyone to not vote for Cam for Heisman. He has no facts to support that Cam or Auburn have done anything wrong, but hey people will pay attention to him b/c he took a strong stance. Also, there was some guy in Orlando saying he won't vote for Cam because he lacks integrity. It would really be a shame if this cost Cam the Heisman and it turned out to be nothing.

No doubt I agree with this but if it turns out he is guilty (saying "if") do you think he will deserve the win the Heisman? Do you think he would be deemed ineligible?

No doubt I agree with this but if it turns out he is guilty (saying "if") do you think he will deserve the win the Heisman? Do you think he would be deemed ineligible?

If he took money, then, no, he wouldn't deserve to win the Heisman and should be ineligible. But, like I said, my problem is with all the people who are already making this conclusion with basically no evidence to support it.

If he took money, then, no, he wouldn't deserve to win the Heisman and should be ineligible. But, like I said, my problem is with all the people who are already making this conclusion with basically no evidence to support it.

Well I think the integrity thing has to do with the laptop incident.

Also, here's a hypothetical: What if Newton and his dad really did ask the agent to try to get them money, but no schools were willing to do it? Does that mean anything even if he never got paid?

Well I think the integrity thing has to do with the laptop incident.

Also, here's a hypothetical: What if Newton and his dad really did ask the agent to try to get them money, but no schools were willing to do it? Does that mean anything even if he never got paid?

1. Maybe so, but I wonder if this same guy will vote for James.

2. I don't know if that is a violation or not. I certainly wouldn't think as highly of Newton if that were the case.

Archived