Heyman via twitter: O's after Konerko

Moose Milligan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's my top option for 1B this offseason. Power, defense, shouldn't require more than 2 years. Nice trade piece if he plays well, too.

I stand by my original feelings on Konerko. That being, if he didn't come here a few years ago when we had the highest bid on the table and he was in his prime, why would he come here now?

I'd like to have him, but I'd be just as happy with Pena for less money.

Sounds like speculation so far. At least that's how I interpret his tweet.

Seems a little more concrete than speculation to me. I'm not saying we are going to get the guy, but to me it sounds like we've been in contact with his agent and plan on making him an offer.

Seems a little more concrete than speculation to me. I'm not saying we are going to get the guy, but to me it sounds like we've been in contact with his agent and plan on making him an offer.

One thing I must give credit to MacPhail on...it "appears" we are interested in all the right players, if you believe all the tweets and such. We may not end up with the top free agents, but we at least seem to be making our presence felt. :clap3:

One thing I must give credit to MacPhail on...it "appears" we are interested in all the right players, if you believe all the tweets and such. We may not end up with the top free agents, but we at least seem to be making our presence felt. :clap3:

Konerko is the right player for a team who doesn't need defense, doesn't have to put up too many years, or can afford to eat 1-2 bad years in a contract.

If we could get him on a 2-year deal, I'd be ok, but his defense would stink and I think he'd demand more than that in years from us.

Sounds like speculation so far. At least that's how I interpret his tweet.

Sounds like two quotes to me.

Orioles making a run at Konerko.

Andy MacPhail targeting corner infielder.

IF the Orioles want to start spending the money then FA's will listen IMO. So if we are not interested in a guy then we suck for not making an effort. If we are interestedthen we heat it is just speculation. I imagine a lot of teams inquire on players, but miss out on them in the end. The only team that seems to land everyone that interests them is the Yankees.

I stand by my original feelings on Konerko. That being, if he didn't come here a few years ago when we had the highest bid on the table and he was in his prime, why would he come here now?

I'd like to have him, but I'd be just as happy with Pena for less money.

I dunno I feel so much better right now about the O's than I did 'a few years ago'. And a few years ago the market for FA guys was a lot stronger than it is today.

Plus he did stay with his team. I think it changes things a bit when you stay with the team that you've been with. If he went somewhere else I think I might agree with you that he may never come here. But if he's destined to leave Chicago, maybe that makes a difference.

I don't know. I guess it depends on how he's using "see".

"[i could] see the Orioles making a run..."

vs

"I'm seeing the Orioles ......"

Archived