Atlantic 10

PrivateO

With Temple putting a whipping on Richmond, what do you think the chances are that the Spiders make the NCAA Tournament?

They are in serious trouble; even with a weak 2010-2011 bubble they probably need to win out all the way to the A10 final to have at large hopes. Wins against Purdue, Dayton, and VCU are nice but losses against Iona and Georgia Tech will destroy your RPI and tournament hopes.

Poor team game as Xavier only beat Fordham by 7. However, Tu Holloway reached his 2nd triple-double of the season, after scorign 26 points this past Saturday. He is the first ever Musketeer to have had two triple-doubles.

It's a crime he's not a top-ten finalist for the Bob Cousy Award.

Poor team game as Xavier only beat Fordham by 7. However, Tu Holloway reached his 2nd triple-double of the season, after scorign 26 points this past Saturday. He is the first ever Musketeer to have had two triple-doubles.

It's a crime he's not a top-ten finalist for the Bob Cousy Award.

That’s ridiculous; Holloway, Charles Jenkins and Jordan Taylor should have made the final 10. Andrew Goudelock didn’t even make the original list!

Here you go my friend.

Ho-hum: Xavier just keeps winning.

Well, that is why LaSalle should not be in the A10 or even Division I. 100-62 final.

Tu Holloway was a rebound short of his second triple-double in a row, and his third on the season. Jeff Robinson had his best game of the season, scoring 23. He had some ridiculous dunks tonight. Even freshman Jay Canty, who was out for 6 weeks with an injury, helped out with 11 points in 10 minutes.

LaSalle really needs to explore other conference options. (See what I did there?) They have no place being here.

It’s almost game time – X vs. Dayton 1pm ESPN2.

--Tu Holloway with the crossover of the year.

Beast mode again for the 2010-2011 A10 player of the year. 26 points, 5 boards, 5 dimes. Three point dagger and huge free throws down the stretch. I have no idea what the UD defender was thinking when he fouled Holloway when they just tied the game; awful defense there.

Big win up at Dayton. Xavier dominated the first half due to rebounding and Dayton missing shots, but they flip-flopped in the second half after Chris Wright started making his mark. Tu Holloway finished with 26 points, 5 assists, and 5 rebounds. That 3 with a few minutes left was an absolute dagger. He shoots when he wants.

Two more games to go in the regular season. Charlotte (who Xavier lost to) will come to Cintas Center on Wednesday, where I am sure Coach Mack and the players will want some revenge. Next weekend they travel to St. Louis to play the Billikens in what could be a trap game.

The Xavier Musketeers clinched its 5th straight regular season A-10 Championship with a 68-48 win over the Charlotte 49ers.

On Senior Night, senior Dante Jackson led the team with 18 points. Despite Holloway's disappointing game, 3 other players scored in the double digits: Lyons (10), Frease (14), and senior Jamel McLean (11).

5-PEAT!

The Xavier Musketeers clinched its 5th straight regular season A-10 Championship with a 68-48 win over the Charlotte 49ers.

On Senior Night, senior Dante Jackson led the team with 18 points. Despite Holloway's disappointing game, 3 other players scored in the double digits: Lyons (10), Frease (14), and senior Jamel McLean (11).

5-PEAT!

Congrats O! Does that mean Temple will be winning the A10 tournament again?:D Also, you going to AC for the A10 tournament?

Congrats O! Does that mean Temple will be winning the A10 tournament again?:D Also' date=' you going to AC for the A10 tournament?[/quote']

Ha, most likely. It's pretty understood that X wins the regular season, Temple wins in Atlantic City and then flunks in the tournament while we make it to the Sweet 16.

But seriously, I won't actually be heading up to Jersey for the tournament. While we are on spring break next week, I will be back in Baltimore spending time with friends and family and watching the games on CBS College Sports (finals on CBS). Tickets were too expensive, and it's just not worth it unless I had a lot of friends going.

Maybe next year. Though I think I'd be more willing to spend some dough on heading down to Sarasota for Spring Training.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I've been a big Duquesne fan my entire life, despite the fact that I didn't go to school there, nor did my parents, nor have I ever lived in Pittsburgh. I'll be going to Atlantic City for the tournament this year, my first time going and I'm pretty excited. I was even more excited before Duquesne had their free fall, but their win over St. Bonaventure on Wednesday has pretty much sealed their bye, so I can breathe a little easier.

The A-10 is a tremendous league with a lot of great basketball from top to bottom. I'm excited to see Tu Holloway in person, and I'm really hoping that Duquesne can play like they did in the first half of the conference season and make a miracle run. They've never been close to the tournament in my lifetime (with the exception of the 2009 A-10 tournament run when they lost to Temple in the finals) and I would be about as excited for them to play in the dance as I would to see the Orioles in the playoffs.

And with a solid 12 point win at SLU, Xavier has clinched as regular season champions and will be the #1 seed in the A-10 Tournament facign the winner of Dayton at UMass.

I'll provide the full A-10 Tournament schedule when all the games finish later tonight.

Archived