Q & A with MacPhail

8ripken2131

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noooooo. Not that I'd be completely against trading Guthrie if we got something really great back, but I''d much prefer to keep him. He's still young and he actually wants to play in Baltimore it seems.

But carry on with other trade proposals.

Just b/c last year was his rookie year doesn't mean he's young. He'll be 29 in April.

Here ya go SportsGuy...you love trade scenarios. Conjure up a three-way with the Mets and Blue Jays. Think blockbuster without Tejada involved.

Blockbusters can mean something simple but with big names, or on a grander scale-involving many players... So, I'll take a stab at this... :D

Orioles trade away Bedard/R. Hernandez/D. Hernandez

Blue Jays trade away Rios/T. Snider

Mets trade away Pelfrey/Milledge/Gurerra

Orioles receive: Pelfrey/Milledge/Snider/Gurerra

Blue Jays receive: Bedard

Mets receive: Rios/R.Hernandez/D.Hernandez

Blockbusters can mean something simple but with big names, or on a grander scale-involving many players... So, I'll take a stab at this... :D

I don't know much/anything about Snider and Gurerra, but unless they are top-5 or even better prospects, I hate that trade. Milledge is the only guy that excites me.

Flip flop Rios and Snider and I could go for that.....(Mets may not, but I could).

I don't know much/anything about Snider and Gurerra, but unless they are top-5 or even better prospects, I hate that trade. Milledge is the only guy that excites me.

Snider is Toronto's top prospect. Deolis Guerra is a top 5 Mets prospect, possible top 20 overall prospect.

Travis Snider is among the best hitting prospects in baseball and Deolis Gurerra is an outstanding young pitching prospect with serious upside.

Here is what BA said about Travis Snider going into the AFL :

EMERGING: Travis Snider, of, Blue Jays

One of the top high school bats available in the 2006 draft, Snider led Jackson High (Mill Creek, Wash.) to a No. 2 national ranking before the Blue Jays signed him for $1.7 million as the 14th overall pick.

A polished approach with a powerful swing, Snider's bat will always be his calling card. He has advanced hitting instincts, even though the rest of his tools are ordinary. But his bat speaks loudly enough and should allow Snider to move quickly; the AFL assignment could indicate the 19-year-old outfielder will skip high Class A next season and jump directly to Double-A New Hampshire.

Snider has spent all of 2007 at low Class A Lansing, where he was batting .309/.372/.516 with 14 homers and 89 RBIs in 430 at-bats.

I am trying to be fair across the board, the Mets main purpose for the trade is getting Rios. Actually, after taking a closer look, the O's may be getting too much back. Grrrrrr :D

Looking at how Snider is doing in the AFL, I would be more than happy to take him.

2007 Winter League

Team League AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG OPS

SCO AFL .359 17 64 16 23 4 2 2 8 37 8 18 1 0 .425 .578 1.003

Honestly, whats everyones view on this Q/A?

Tell you the truth, I was really, really impressed. This is the first time I've read something from someone in charge of the Orioles that actually reads like he's being completely honest.

Everyone knows I loved the comment, "Actions speak louder than words," but the real key to it for me was he even explained what information that wouldn't be good to give out to his competition. I loved that instead of some cryptic process answer.

I'm actually fairly excited over this offseason and that's the first time I could say that in about four years or so.

In McPhail I trust..... unless he proves me wrong....

Tell you the truth, I was really, really impressed. This is the first time I've read something from someone in charge of the Orioles that actually reads like he's being completely honest.

Everyone knows I loved the comment, "Actions speak louder than words," but the real key to it for me was he even explained what information that wouldn't be good to give out to his competition. I loved that instead of some cryptic process answer.

I'm actually fairly excited over this offseason and that's the first time I could say that in about four years or so.

In McPhail I trust..... unless he proves me wrong....

I must say that I agree with this...for now.

I feel better with him at the helm than anyone since Gillick.

Of course, he has to live up to it as well.

I also liked Duquette and Mazilli and we saw how that worked out.

Archived