Day 2 draft thread

You choose unwisely my friend. ;)

I grew up at a time when the Skins were dominant and the O's had Ripken. The Nats and Ravens didn't exist. It's not a choice, it's definitely involuntary.

By the way, I'd love to see a nice overslot pick, and Kevin Brady, sometime in the next 5 rounds. I actually like our 1, 3 and 5 picks, and am ok with our 2 pick.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I grew up at a time when the Skins were dominant and the O's had Ripken. The Nats and Ravens didn't exist. It's not a choice, it's definitely involuntary.

By the way, I'd love to see a nice overslot pick, and Kevin Brady, sometime in the next 5 rounds. I actually like our 1, 3 and 5 picks, and am ok with our 2 pick.

Why the dislike for Simon?

I think the focus on these pitchers comes down to the fact that teams like KC and SD(last year mostly) have shown how important BP arms are and how you can use mostly unheralded guys who are fairly young. And the picks that TOR and TB got in the sandwich round mostly came from there FA relievers.

This is also dependent on the draft not changing anything besides slotting and possibly trades, but it is not the worst strategy. Take a guy in the 4-6th round, have him in the majors in 2 years so he can help your pen for less than 500k, then lose him to FA in a few years only to replace him with another MiL and a sandwich pick. Just a thought...

Archived