Day 2 draft thread

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No offense to Stotle, but I saw Esposito going as a compensation pick in two mock drafts.

None taken. I've seen a lot of him and am pretty comfy with my take. But that doesn't mean it's the only defensible take.

I think we're talking about different people. I'm talking about Brady, from Clemson. The guy we didn't sign 2 years ago. Maybe I'm the one confused.

I meant Raymond Hernadez, David's brother and Rick's son ;)

Some general thoughts on the Day 2 picks. I think BAL should have opened up the bank in the 2nd Round and grabbed either Dillon Howard or Daniel Norris. I just don't understand not spending some.

Esposito is a fine target. Should be a slot signing. I have doubts about him but he's an excellent ahtlete and I don't have a huge issue rolling the dice on him. Much like Klein last year, I just think it's an odd pick in BAL's spot, with a chance to add higher impact talent.

Some general thoughts on the Day 2 picks. I think BAL should have opened up the bank in the 2nd Round and grabbed either Dillon Howard or Daniel Norris. I just don't understand not spending some.

Esposito is a fine target. Should be a slot signing. I have doubts about him but he's an excellent ahtlete and I don't have a huge issue rolling the dice on him. Much like Klein last year, I just think it's an odd pick in BAL's spot, with a chance to add higher impact talent.

Some power bats available for Round 5

Cody Asche (Nebraska)

Matt Skole (Georgia Tech)

Taylor Ard (Washington St.)

I'd grab one of these. Well, I'd really grab Derek Fisher (of, Cedar Grove HS, Penn.) because of the huge 5-tool upside and big raw power, but he'll cost $3 million + to sign and I don't see Baltimore doing that.

Cody Asche (Nebraska)

I'd grab one of these. Well, I'd really grab Derek Fisher (of, Cedar Grove HS, Penn.) because of the huge 5-tool upside and big raw power, but he'll cost $3 million + to sign and I don't see Baltimore doing that.

Phillies take Asche.

Down the road some, I would love to see an article / post from you about guys that didn't sign last year and whether it paid off for them this year.

Cody Asche (Nebraska)

This is depressing, I don't even know why I bother sometimes.

Archived