Cartoon Bird is BACK

irishterp10

Judging by Elrod's silhouette and the eyes from the orioles.com posting, here's a mockup of my guess as to what it will look like

I have no idea how to draw the bill like they do, but I think that will be the shape of the head, eyes, mouth, and cap.

Let's see how far off I am when we get to see it tomorrow.

I think you're close, but the cap will have an orange brim

bird.gif

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judging by Elrod's silhouette and the eyes from the orioles.com posting, here's a mockup of my guess as to what it will look like:

DZWHy.png

I have no idea how to draw the bill like they do, but I think that will be the shape of the head, eyes, mouth, and cap.

Let's see how far off I am when we get to see it tomorrow.

I've been waiting for someone to do this. Wow! Very close! But yeah, the hat is a little off, especially the brim, which is orange, like SilentJames guessed. I would say the hat is what makes it most different from all the other variations, but it's not like it's too far off from the other ones.

From the eyes down you pretty much have it. For a split second, I thought the actual logo had been leaked!

I think you're close, but the cap will have an orange brim

bird.gif

The button of the cap is orange, as well, and the brim comes down just slightly over the right eye. Also, there is no black line separating the lower part of the beak with the orange outline, which keeps it consistent will all but the 3rd version here:

newbirdava-1-1-1.jpg

A Study of The Baltimore Orioles Cartoon Bird Logo

The button of the cap is orange, as well, and the brim comes down just slightly over the right eye. Also, there is no black line separating the lower part of the beak with the orange outline, which keeps it consistent will all but the 3rd version here:

A Study of The Baltimore Orioles Cartoon Bird Logo[/url]

sammy could do a much better job of this

bird3.gif

I wonder how they are going to stitch that tiny "O" onto the hats. You probably won't even be able to make it out from a distance.

Precisely. I would prefer a 100% return to the "classic" cartoon bird look (though as Elrod has demonstrated for us so many times- that's not exactly consistent either)- but I have a hard time getting worked up over a tiny orange "O's" on the logo where before a similarly tiny orange "blotch" existed. From any sort of normal distance- I'm going to strongly suspect these caps will look virtually identical to the cartoon birds hats of yore (which is a great thing).

Can't wait for tomorrow...

Precisely. I would prefer a 100% return to the "classic" cartoon bird look (though as Elrod has demonstrated for us so many times- that's not exactly consistent either)- but I have a hard time getting worked up over a tiny orange "O's" on the logo where before a similarly tiny orange "blotch" existed. From any sort of normal distance- I'm going to strongly suspect these caps will look virtually identical to the cartoon birds hats of yore (which is a great thing).

Can't wait for tomorrow...

Yeah, pretty much all the different variations I've posted are hard to tell apart from a distance, including the new one. While being new, it really does blend right in with the rest, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

Archived