Offer to Angels on the table

bigbird

Hmm, I did read that thread. Moreno seems like the kind of guy that doesn't want to get jerked around. And he was the one who always pushed Tejada on Stoneman.

Maybe they decided they don't want to deal Kendrick and Adenhart, so they are gonna go the less expensive option of giving up Wood and Saunders.

BB, personally, how do you like Wood/Saunders as a return for Tejada?

i know you aren't asking me, but I would take Wood straight up. Saunders is a good addition even if for the back of the rotation. I'd rather see him then a Trax type.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This would be an excellent trade for us.

I think the Dodgers will blow us away for Bedard....I just hope blowing away isn't the Kemp/Loney/Kershaw deal...That is too much to expect.

you'd be upset with those 3???

It's too much to expect, but I would love it.

Joe Saunders: http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/S/Joe-Saunders.shtml

Brandon Wood: http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/W/Brandon-Wood-1.shtml

Why don't people like Wood? I understand his K's are high, but the kid will be 23 next season and has always put up really solid numbers.

Saunders' numbers were a little worse than I thought, but I still think he is a solid-middle to back of the rotation guy.

I would trade for Wood straight up. Saunders is just a bonus and we could always just trade him for our other needs.

Dudes got good power potential, but not a fan of his on base percentage, especially his k/bb ratio....He hasn't even shown any improvement on that through his stops through the minors.

I hope we don't end up with a SS who can go deep but has a .300-.325 on base percentage, thats my biggest fear when talking about Wood.

I'd be a little more optimistic about him if he'd shown improvement in this area along the way...but he hasn't, therefore I'm a bit guarded here.

Really really really wishing we'd send Tejada to the Dodgers with Bedard.

I think the Dodgers will blow us away for Bedard....I just hope blowing away isn't the Kemp/Loney/Kershaw deal...That is too much to expect.

It seems you don't want Loney and are leaning towards Hu. Loney means no Tex?

Dudes got good power potential, but not a fan of his on base percentage, especially his k/bb ratio....He hasn't even shown any improvement on that through his stops to through the minors.

I hope we don't end up with a SS who can go deep but has a .300-.325 on base percentage, thats my biggest fear when talking about Wood.

If we can get a .500+ SLG out of him the .325 OBP would be acceptable.

Read into this as little or as much as you want. I was told we have an offer on the table to trade Tejada to the Angels for Wood and Saunders. The ball in in LAs court. Lots of things are starting to happen. He also said the chance to sign Bedard is slim to none! IF we can't get a kings ransom for him he wil not be traded this off season!

Do you think we are overvaluing Bedard or think we will get a better offer at the trade deadline or next year? Are we being realistic? Are the concerns about his injury problems in the past or not a long history of success?

Just worried because there could definitely be a decent amount of young big time pitcher available at the deadline or next year:

C.C. Sabathia - either at the deadline or a FA next year

Haren/Blanton - he could be a cheap alternative and not that far behind. Blanton is a stretch to be in this class.

Dontrelle Willis - could be thrown out there again by the fins.

Peavy - he hits the FA market same time Bedard does. maybe the padres put him up next year?

Joe Saunders: http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/S/Joe-Saunders.shtml

Brandon Wood: http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/W/Brandon-Wood-1.shtml

Why don't people like Wood? I understand his K's are high, but the kid will be 23 next season and has always put up really solid numbers.

Saunders' numbers were a little worse than I thought, but I still think he is a solid-middle to back of the rotation guy.

I agree this is a very good deal for the O's IMO.

I know this has been discussed ad nauseaum, but what is the rationale that you think this is a good return for Tejada. I honestly have no idea, and would be interested in your analysis.

Archived