Talked to my guy today....

Belkast

He said he thinks it means we may get Pie. It has to be either him or Hill. Who else could we have originally wanted as the centerpiece of that trade?? I would tend to agree that it's likely MacPhail believes the Cubs will eventually cave on one or the other of those two. If they get Fukudome as they hope to do, Pie becomes much more expendable. I think that's what the O's are hoping happens as well.
Mark Prior's name came up recently. IIRC, bigbird mentioned it.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flanny and Duq had a GREAT deal :

Oswalt / Ensberg / Evertt for Miggy

But Peter nixed the deal !!! Why didn't he let those guys be in charge like "supposedly" he is letting Andy :confused:

From John Heyman's article on Dec 3rd :

The Astros are trying again to make a trade for Orioles shortstop Miguel Tejada, as Baltimore is fielding offers on its two best players (Bedard being the other). But whatever the Astros do, they'll make a better deal than the one they nearly made in the summer of 2006.

At that time, the Astros were talking about sending Roy Oswalt, Morgan Ensberg and Adam Everett to Baltimore for Tejada in a deal that could have breathed life into the moribund Orioles. Baltimore planned to then ship Oswalt to the Rangers for pitchers John Danks and Thomas Diamond and third baseman Hank Blalock. But when Astros owner Drayton McLane got wind that Oswalt would ultimately end up with the cross-state rival Rangers, McLane nixed the trade.

Mark Prior's name came up recently. IIRC, bigbird mentioned it.

As the second player, yes. Did BigBird say Hill and Prior or Gallagher and Prior? That was in the erased thread. Prior is a huge risk, I can't imagine he would have been the first player the O's asked about. I saw an article somewhere today that listed four teams who were interested in Prior and the O's weren't one of them. Of course that doesn't mean the Cubs wouldn't offer him or he wouldn't be the second/third player... I highly doubt he ever pitches effectively in the Major Leagues again though.

Thought it was Houston that nixed that deal when they found out were were flipping Oswalt to the Rangers....Angelos deserves criticism but I hope people make sure it when he deserves it.

Houston nixed the deal when Oswalt decided to stay and work out an extension. Also, I thought we were flipping Oswalt to the Mets.

Houston nixed the deal when Oswalt decided to stay and work out an extension. Also, I thought we were flipping Oswalt to the Mets.

I'm pretty sure that Houston's owner blocked the deal when he found out Oswalt would be pitching for the Rangers.

But why are we even debating this?

As the second player, yes. Did BigBird say Hill and Prior or Gallagher and Prior? That was in the erased thread. Prior is a huge risk, I can't imagine he would have been the first player the O's asked about. I saw an article somewhere today that listed four teams who were interested in Prior and the O's weren't one of them. Of course that doesn't mean the Cubs wouldn't offer him or he wouldn't be the second/third player... I highly doubt he ever pitches effectively in the Major Leagues again though.

He said Hill and Prior.

I only remember because I complained that Prior was a gamble and Hill is the same age as Bedard.

Another poster corrected me, because its Roberts for Hill and Prior, so it makes sense. We'd be possibly getting a great pitcher in Prior and (somewhat) of a replacement for Bedard in Hill.

I rarely post as well, just like to read and follow links. Belkast, bigbird and Peace, thank you for walking out on that limb. It is much appreciated, more then you know, especially from the quiet people:002_ssleepy:

Lets just think why some people are upset, They didn't make a trade this week, so what. I'm staying calm until early February. We got plenty of time. Yeah it would be nice to be cheering or jeering a trade right now, but lets sit back and watch the man do his thing.

Thanks Guys!!

As I have told a couple others on this board, thank you for your posts. Between my work and family, I am not able to keep up with prospects around the league as much as I'd like. Those of you who have contacts and a detailed knowledge of other team's talent, help keep me in the loop. I know that one day the O's will get back on top. Though it was long ago, I still remember when this team was respected by all. I will be sad to see Bedard and Roberts go, but I know that it could bring about a better day.

As I have told a couple others on this board, thank you for your posts. Between my work and family, I am not able to keep up with prospects around the league as much as I'd like. Those of you who have contacts and a detailed knowledge of other team's talent, help keep me in the loop. I know that one day the O's will get back on top. Though it was long ago, I still remember when this team was respected by all. I will be sad to see Bedard and Roberts go, but I know that it could bring about a better day.

I will only be sad to see these two go if we get crap in return, and it doesn't sound like that is happening. So good luck to you guys on your future teams, I'll be cheering for ya as long as you are not playing the Orioles.

Thanks Belkast. Same for BB, and Peace. Your insight makes these days more pleasant.:)

This is like some sick psychology experiment.

Hey, I heard from my guy tonight. Something is going to happen before Spring Training.

Now I expect no beef about this prediction or else I'm going to rant and threaten to never post again.

Guest oriofan8
The way I read what Belkast said, i think we may end up walking away with Pie in a BRob trade.

...by adding a pitching prospect to the trade...Olson/Liz...I think.

Archived