Keith Law Has O's Taking Gausman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be absolutely thrilled with this pick. To me Gausman is the #1 guy in the draft. Keith Law also likes him a lot.

Here his full writeup(I don't know how much non-insiders can see so sorry if I'm restating it)

"Baltimore is looking for the best player available; that could be Gausman, who I currently have ranked as the top pitcher in the draft, or Correa or any of the players named above, although the Orioles are not really linked to Giolito. "

I personally like the idea of drafting a college arm that could help us pretty soon. It took Matusz one year in the minors and then he got called on up. Following a similar recipe (if everything goes well), that could be huge if we could nab someone like that again to come on up next year and provide depth.

I personally like the idea of drafting a college arm that could help us pretty soon. It took Matusz one year in the minors and then he got called on up. Following a similar recipe (if everything goes well), that could be huge if we could nab someone like that again to come on up next year and provide depth.

Might just be me, but Brian Matusz is not exactly my standard of a successful Top-5 draft pick.

You prefer Hobgood?

I prefer Bundy (Giolito), Machado (Correa), and Wieters (Zunino). j/k :D

If Gausman's still on board, he'd be a fine pick. I just disagree with the logic that "Brian Matusz's fast track to Major League success" should be justification for anything.

I prefer Bundy (Giolito), Machado (Correa), and Wieters (Zunino). j/k :D

If Gausman's still on board, he'd be a fine pick. I just disagree with the logic that "Brian Matusz's fast track to Major League success" should be justification for anything.

Picks in the 4-6 range of the MLB draft are far from sure things.

Archived