vs. BLUE JAYS 5/29

OFFNY

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to add to the wet blankets but yes, this is the team I used to watch. I wondered where they'd been. Seen em all weekend long.

Expecting us to sink slowly but surely to the bottom of the division without aplomb while continuing to commit errors at a League-leading rate, striking out regularly, leaving a lot of men on base, often via the double-play, and not having our starters get beyond 6 -- often 5, so that we continue to force bullpen innings at, again, a League-leading rate.

Makes me so sad.

At least the good baseball lasted longer this year.

Time to send Arrieta packing. He'll have a decent start every now and then, but most of the time he does exactly what he's done tonight. Good stuff but bad command, giving up lots of runs, high pitch count, etc. To think, he has 280 ML innings and is still pitching like a rookie. Shame.

JAKE ARRIETA

IP:O 4.33

H:o. 6

R:O. 7

ER:) 6

BB:. 3

SO:. 5

Pitches: 96 (56 Strikes, 40 Balls) *

2012 ERA: 5.37

JAKE BY INNINGS

19 * Arrieta recorded 1 out in the 5th inning before departing.

How often has a team's OD starter been demoted to AAA? I guess not very often. DD said yesterday on the Mid-Atlantic Sports Report, that Hunter and Arietta had to do better. One is gone and the other should go with him or to the BP, as TP suggests. Britton replaces one and other TBD.

Archived