vs. BLUE JAYS 5/29

OFFNY

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 good defensive plays in one plate appearance.

Excellent snare by Andino, and a good scoop by Mark Reynolds on the throw. :)

Yeah, the announcers didn't even mention the scoop. I wonder if Davis would have come up with that.

When I was watching a Yankees-Orioles game in 1978 on WPIX, I remember Phil Rizzuto saying that Pat Kelly had had the longest hitting streak in the American League the previous season (1977) at 19 games.

Adam Jones is tied with that. He'll go ahead of it tonight.

Oh yeah. Good call, dog breath. :)

Yeah, the announcers didn't even mention the scoop. I wonder if Davis would have come up with that.

It's always seemed to me that Reynolds is a pretty solid defensive 1B, although the stats don't necessarily back it up (I think I read a post a few months back pointing out that those stats are a little flawed because of one three error game Reynolds had last year at 1B, or something).

Between him and Davis it seems Davis is better suited to the DH role and Reynolds to the 1B.

I have been saying all year long that I believe that Mark Reynolds is an average defensive first-baseman ........ and that is saying A LOT considering that Chris Davis is the alternative.

It's always seemed to me that Reynolds is a pretty solid defensive 1B, although the stats don't necessarily back it up (I think I read a post a few months back pointing out that those stats are a little flawed because of one three error game Reynolds had last year at 1B, or something).

Between him and Davis it seems Davis is better suited to the DH role and Reynolds to the 1B.

Definitely possible.

I have been saying all year long that I believe that Mark Reynolds is an average defensive first-baseman ........ and that is saying A LOT considering that Chris Davis is the alternative.

Even Betemit has looked better there (1b) of late. I wonder if Davis has some ADD issues.

Archived