• First game up this season.  He played a whole 2 games in the field in the MLB last year and might have been a little nervous that it is a sign that the team doesn't trust him in the field.  
    • I wonder if Kjerstad will be back in Norfolk when the team returns to Baltimore.
    • 3/15 base is the rumor, which breaks down to a 2/12.2 extension after his rookie deal expires.  That's an absolute steal, and even with a huge amount of incentives, I can't believe the Ravens got him to sign this cheaply.
    • Anyone notice him smiling as he got into the box for his final at bat?   I think he was feeling a little better about life after making solid contact twice in a row.  
    • I would feel better about this game if he would foul off a few close ones with 2 strikes-like Kjerstad did last night-instead of just watching them go by. Take those pitches on the outside to the opposite field.  If your expecting 1 pitch but get another, fight it off. I'd be happy with another hit before another 15 ABs go by. Maybe throw in a few 95+ EV in there too.
    • His path to staying in baseball is as a utility player. The more positions he can play, the more likely he is to stay in the league. Good for him. But I don't anticipate him back in Baltimore. We saw them go Kjerstad when Hays even though the team is very lefty heavy. With Mateo getting looks in CF and Cowser able to play there for a bit, there really isn't any role that he's next in line for (or even 2nd or third in line). Even learning 2B doesn't get him in a next in line position given Norby.  
    • In my book, he’s had two outings that were awful and three that were decent, including yesterday’s.  My guess is that if he has a decent outing on the 27th, the O’s won’t go through gymnastics to try to find a way to extend his rehab, even though his ERA has been a train wreck.  
  • Popular Contributors