6/23: Orioles vs. Nationals

Don Quixote

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm calling it now. Swept by the Nationals. Book it in Vegas.

That only works if you get banned soon thereafter. :P

Good song into commercial! Edgar Winter Free Ride

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CWpND8GhBuU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That only works if you get banned soon thereafter. :P

Good song into commercial! Edgar Winter Free Ride

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CWpND8GhBuU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A couple more drinks and scoreless innings by the O's and I might end up getting banned!

How do you get rid of the huge pop-up ad telling me to upgrade my plug-in in the middle of the video?

There is a full-screen option, just below the screen of the game. Right next to the volume thingymabob. That will do it. But make sure you are using INTERNET EXPLORER, and not MOZILLA. :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• No doubt Westburg! It looks to me that Mayo’s place on this team next season will be in RF/DH. 
    • Defense is important to me. I remember the excruciating development of Mountcastle, where some people insisted his defense was fine, even though he looked awful everywhere but first, and that’s where he ended up. I don’t want the same thing with Mayo or anyone else, for that matter, so sure, I’d trade Mayo(btw, Would you rather have Mayo or Westburg at 3B?) The main point is that Miller is wasted on the As and they aren’t being responsible owners unless they turn him into as much Future Asset as possible. Most of the teams that Can trade for him don’t need him.
    • Next year’s problems/dilemmas will come when they arrive. And we can address those things when the appropriate time comes. This season we are playing for a World Series and only have one weak spot on the team… high leverage, weapon at the back of the pen (closer).
    • Exactly, the issue is not arm strength it's accuracy which was discussed in another thread-it's a problem.  I think Cowser has looked much better in the field this year and could be the long term answer in LF, he's so fluid for his size, I think the routes will improve but the arm.....When he is struggling at the plate it seems to affects his confidence/defense.  He's also struggling to advance runners.
    • Oh okay, you mentioned back-to-back World Series. I think we could add other pitchers not named Miller that could help, and it wouldn't have to include Basallo. Burnes will more than likely not be returning. Means? Wells and Irvin? This isn't what we need right now? okay, so next year? Again, I feel using those type of players in a trade would be better using it for a starter. 
    • The defensive ability of those guys is a real issue. I agree with that. The issue with the age, is that they would be willing to offload a 25 year uber talent, not in exchange for another 25 year old because that is not their time line. No matter how well Kjerstad/Stowers/Cowser, etc do now, it does nothing for the A’s because they don’t have a strong enough roster around those guys to win right now. Nor do they have the org structure to support winning because their franchise’s future is in so much flux right now given their possible relocation. I am very confident that another suitor could and would beat a Norby, Stowers, McDermott and Tavera (and other spare part) offer. In order to get real value, you have to give up real value (usually). I agree that GMs will want to see/evaluate the Miller show for a bit more time before committing to trade for him. Thankfully the trade deadline is months away. And yes, he is not/will not be our only option. But again, we won’t be able to find a better talent than him. 
    • Indeed, which outfielders hit better than Cowser too?  Suddenly none of them have looked so great with the bat lately.  There is still a lot to learn about Colton Cowser and how much he can improve.  It's not struck in stone that all of our position players have to come the minors -- at least I don't think it is.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now