Possible Tejada scenario?

Sports Guy

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay then, you trade him for a guy with a 3.02 ERA at home. The guy is 23 and had a 4.28 ERA. Do you really care how he arrived at that ERA? Anaheim is not some pitcher's paradise. Maybe Santana just feels more comfortable at home. He's 23. I think it's a minor concern.

Just who do you trade Tejada for Bigbird? Walter Johnson is retired.

I think it would be stupit to trade Tejada unless you receive a Johan Santana quality player in return. Not someone who may someday turn into him someday.

I think it would be stupit to trade Tejada unless you receive a Johan Santana quality player in return. Not someone who may someday turn into him someday.

That kind of approach will have one looking back in 2008 or 2009 and wondering what could of been had we the courage to pull the trigger.

That kind of approach will have one looking back in 2008 or 2009 and wondering what could of been had we the courage to pull the trigger.

Or getting someone fired for dealing a future hall of famer for three players who just may be average at best.

You are living in dreamworld. Johan Santana? I would suggest you apply for a job in the O's front office. I think they'll like you.

Why isn't Santana an equal value for Tejada? I'm glad you're not in the front office. Why would we want three players who a team that is trying to contend for the world series fells will not play big enough roles that they could trade for a superstar. Even the Angels owner says their prospects are over rated.

You're a real gambler! :rolleyes:

Best to keep the status quo and hope Soriano, Lee, Zito, and Schmidt love crabcakes, idolize Cal Ripken, and are dying to pay with a future Hall of Famer. Oh yeah, and play for millions less than what they could get from some other team.

It's not about gambling. It's about taking risks. Dealing your best player for three guys who may be average at best is a risk I don't take. It seems you have a problem with Tejada and just want to get rid of him. You;re right better to trade for a no hit shortstop, a guy who sucks on the road and a 1B who can't stay healthy.

Problem is you have to some how convince those hitters to come play for a team who just traded away their only all star this year.

No need to convince them if you trade for them.

I would rather have Ensberg, Burrell, Aybar, Kotchman and Lackey than Miggy, Gibbons, Lee and Benson(thinking Benson can be dealt for Ensberg).

Buzz me when one of them signs with us. The kind of players we will wind up getting will be signing here for a contract, not with the idea of getting to the playoffs.
How would Santana help us in that scenario versus Tejada?
You expect three "Solid" ML players for Tejada. Did Morgana Ensberg & Adam Everett fall under that definition for you?
You forgot to mention that Oswalt was part of that rumor.

No need to convince them if you trade for them.

I would rather have Ensberg, Burrell, Aybar, Kotchman and Lackey than Miggy, Gibbons, Lee and Benson(thinking Benson can be dealt for Ensberg).

I'd rather have Puljous, Jeter, Willis, and Jason Bay. Maybe we can work a 6 way to get these guys.

How would Santana help us in that scenario versus Tejada?

PResumably because we need to build with our young pitching. Look at Detroit and Oakland.

Build a foundation of good pitching and defense...You know, the thing that led to the Orioles being the dominant franchise from 1966-1984.

Tejada is likely on a decline sometime soon, even if it is a subtle decline.

Give me the rising star pitcher and other pieces, plus the money saved to acquire more pieces.

Trading Tejada allows us to build a much better all around team and gives us future financial felxibility. To me, it is a no brainer.

Well, with that logic, why would we want Santana if a team like the Twins, who actually WERE contending for a WS, were willing to trade him.

You really think Santana is equal value for Tejada? Find me one Twins fan who would do it? You won't. And you won't find 25% of Oriole fans who would do it if they were in the Twins' shoes either.

Again I think he's closer value than a pitcher with a road era of almost 6, a 1B who can;t stay healthy and a shortstoop who can't hit..

Archived