Larry Bigbie is a MAJOR RAT!

blueberryale77

And relative scrubs like Bigbie and Jerry Hairston STILL were journeymen on the brink of major league careers with THEIR use, so what the hell difference does it make risking your health like that for nothing!

Nothing? Think about it. Why would they risk their health? Wealth, women and fame.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's ridiculous. We were told to expect documentary evidence: receipts, checks, credit card statements, phone records. None of these is present in Roberts' case. The fact that he's included in the list with the players they did find this type of evidence against is unfair because there is an unequal burden of proof.

Do you think it's strange that all of us - Roberts fans to a one - disagree with you? Are you really the only person who sees this clearly? Is the universe truly lined up against you and Roberts? There's some strange fan psychology going on here.

I remember when Len Bias died - as a Terp fan and a Celts fan, I was devastated. I wanted to believe with all my heart that, if nothing else, Bias was a first-time user. I wanted to blame his friends. The school. But I realized, in the end, that Bias was flawed like the rest of us. I was 13.

I remain a huge Len Bias fan, however.

There is no "burden of proof" because no final decision is being made. There are, of course, differing amounts of evidence and proof. The evidence against Roberts is among the weakest, to be sure. But people get convicted of things on varying amounts of proof/evidence all the time.

Anyone remember Doc Shorebirds report from '04 or thereabouts where he is talking about being at spring training (I think) and seeing Bigbie and how he looked bigger in the upper body?

I swear I thought steroids right away.

How is this for unscientific evidence? Roberts looks like he's still taking something. He looks like a juiced up little dude to me. Just sayin'.

Nothing? Think about it. Why would they risk their health? Wealth, women and fame.

They wouldn't have gotten the same wealth, women and fame, if they didn't take steroids? You're right they would have been AAAA journeymen players on the brink of a major league roster...oh, wait.

They aren't magic beans, folks.

The ONE advantage they might have is in the rehabilitation of injuries. But they contribute to the weakness of your tendons and cause more muscle tears so it all evens out.

On the Mitchell report, it's stated that Tejada asked Adam Piatt about steroids.

HEARSAY....TEJADA IS A SCAPEGOAT!!! HE IS INNOCENT!!!!!!

Oh wait, he's not as cute as Brob. Let him fry.

It did say that, but there was also tons of information, including checks, other corroborating sources, and even flight documents that reported he was carrying roids/B12 on him.

Anyone remember Doc Shorebirds report from '04 or thereabouts where he is talking about being at spring training (I think) and seeing Bigbie and how he looked bigger in the upper body?

I swear I thought steroids right away.

How is this for unscientific evidence? Roberts looks like he's still taking something. He looks like a juiced up little dude to me. Just sayin'.

I also remember something from about that time of someone who I believe had spoke with our good buddy Rick Dempsey and he said that Bigbie was the biggest steroid user on the team.

That's ridiculous! He was caught in the Radomski sting and sang to Mitchell to save himself. There is absolutely, positively nothing honorable about that. If he didn't have PROOF against someone who was one of his best friends on the team, he should not have mentioned him. He sold Roberts up a creek, despite not even having evidence against him, in order to protect his own sorry butt!

I'm sorry, but your overbearing defense of Roberts is pretty shameless and it's getting kind of ridiculous IMO.

The Report itself is hearsay. Bigbie's account is not. But Bigbie's account is not what is being published. It's Mitchell's account of Bigbie's account. Get it?

That misconstrues what is being talked about. You have to pretend Mitchell is the judge, not that Mitchell's report is going into a court of law to be presented to a judge (or jury). But yes, hearsay upon hearsay.

It did say that, but there was also tons of information, including checks, other corroborating sources, and even flight documents that reported he was carrying roids/B12 on him.

Yeah, exactly. Can we all move past the "everyone's defending Roberts cause he's cute" schtick, please?

Who cares if Larry Bigbie is a rat? I sure don't - If Roberts did steriods he deserves everything he gets. Is everyone on the HO really mad that Bigbie "ratted" him out or are we mad that his trade value may be diminished? Or for those of you who want him to stay are you just disappointed in BRob and don't want to believe thw allegation??[B]:mad: :mad::mad: :mad:

Archived