Mitchell Report circus has past, Now lets Move on

Peace21

I happen to think that KC is a place that Bedard might like. KC has a lot of young talent and they have been rumored to want to make an impact move. They would have Bedard for 2 year minimum and could take the draft picks if they could not sign him long term.

Count me in on the KC possibility. Bedard would love it there, the Media is as mild as anywhere in the country. And, they have some nice pieces too. Billy Butler is a must. Besides him they have Mark Teahen, David DeJesus, John Buck, Luke Hochevar, etc. I'd trade them Bedard and Ramon for DeJesus, Butler, Teahen, Buck and Hochevar. That would be a good deal for everyone, IMO.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would KC trade the talent needed to get Bedard if it did not think it could sign him (which with their payroll is higly questionable, if not laughable - they just blew a large nut on who, Guillen)? Makwes no sense to do that just to get himn for two years. He won't fill the sands there on his own. No, KC does not make any sense. They are certainly not in "win now" mode.

Were talking about a sleeper team right?

KC in the last two offseasons has added Guillen and Meche to big deals. This shows a willingness to add to payroll (not sure if it is $$$ well spent). They were rumored to have interest in Kuroda. They have good young major league talent and good prospects. The maturation of their young kids and the addtion of a front-line starting pitcher certaintly puts them a lot closer to competing. Winning is what will fill the stands. If they cannot sign Bedard after two seasons they take the draft picks.

Were talking about a sleeper team right?

KC in the last two offseasons has added Guillen and Meche to big deals. This shows a willingness to add to payroll (not sure if it is $$$ well spent). They were rumored to have interest in Kuroda. They have good young major league talent and good prospects. The maturation of their young kids and the addtion of a front-line starting pitcher certaintly puts them a lot closer to competing. Winning is what will fill the stands. If they cannot sign Bedard after two seasons they take the draft picks.

Bah, color me skeptical still. ;)

Wasn't there a rumor at one point that Mazzone might go to the KC?

If he does, I am sure Bedard wouldn't mind paring back up with him. He and Guthrie seem to have been the only starters that really benefited from having Leo around.

And vice-versa, landing Bedard might help entice Mazzone to KC.

Peace, do you have someone specific in mind?

I like Rasmus, but I'm not sold on STL.

Rasmus is solid (but still behind Kemp and Jones, IMO) but the rest of the Cards system is crap. I'm not taking quantity over quality for Bedard.

The Reds are certainly the best option at this point. I think I even prefer them to the Dodgers even if Kemp is included.

Midwest team could be KC or St Louis.

If only St Louis had another player to go with Rasmus!

If Gallagher and Pie for BRob is really possible, that deal needs to be made.

Fair trade for both sides....Really helps out each team.

I am starting to worry we won't get the return for Bedard we are hoping for.

Rasmus is solid (but still behind Kemp and Jones, IMO) but the rest of the Cards system is crap. I'm not taking quantity over quality for Bedard.

The Reds are certainly the best option at this point. I think I even prefer them to the Dodgers even if Kemp is included.

I agree 100% about the Reds being the best option. Kemp's upside is amazing and he has already started to prove it in the majors, but the total package Cinci can offer us is much better.

How about Duncan and Rasmus as part of a package for St Louis?

I definitely don't, but I wouldn't lose sleep over a Cincinnati deal.

What could Colorado do for us?

Is St. Louis in any other trade talks? It'd be nice if they could land a couple of guys and package them with Rasmus.

Archived