Machado to Wear A Tutu and Green Dress

Slappy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The actor's studio guy? What is wrong with him, besides being overenthusiastic about mediocre actors?
To begin with Actor's Studio actors have their head up their service entrabnce. Stanislavsky scrapped that BS 100 years ago, calling it hysteria, not acting. Anyone who epsouses it as a discipline is clueless. Lipton never ceases to remind people of his French award, Chevalier of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres. the same one they gave to Jerry Lewis. Fitting, because they both share the same level of self congatulating, pomposity, and both were pimps of a sort.

To begin with Actor's Studio actors have their head up their service entrabnce. Stanislavsky scrapped that BS 100 years ago, calling it hysteria, not acting. Anyone who epsouses it as a discipline is clueless. Lipton never ceases to remind people of his French award, Chevalier of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres. the same one they gave to Jerry Lewis. Fitting, because they both share the same level of self congatulating, pomposity, and both were pimps of a sort.

Yeah it can get a bit tiresome when people get caught up in their own self-importance...

Yeah it can get a bit tiresome when people get caught up in their own self-importance...
Big fan of Lipton's, eh? Or are you a disciple of Lee Strasberg? I'm an actor, I hang out with actors, and have worked with a lot more, many of them quite famous. Mention Lipton to most of them and you get this...:rolleyestf::puke:

Big fan of Lipton's, eh? Or are you a disciple of Lee Strasberg? I'm an actor, I hang out with actors, and have worked with a lot more, many of them quite famous. Mention Lipton to most of them and you get this...:rolleyestf::puke:

Wow you hang out with famous actors? How cool is that.

Thank you for making my original point crystal clear.

Yeah, it can get a bit tiresome when people get caught up in their own self-importance ...
Big fan of Lipton's, eh? Or are you a disciple of Lee Strasberg? I'm an actor, I hang out with actors, and have worked with a lot more, many of them quite famous. Mention Lipton to most of them and you get this ... :rolleyestf: :puke:

This has to be the best post and response that I have seen in some time.

It would be taken the cake if Gordo had added a :skeletor: at the end of the highlighted sentence.

Wow you hang out with famous actors? How cool is that.

Thank you for making my original point crystal clear.

I don't hang out with famous actors. I have worked with a number of them. What I am saying is that I am not a dilettante when it comes to Theatre, and acting theory in particular, and I think Lipton is a phoney. I am expressing what I consider to be an informed opinion, while you IMO, appear to be trolling.

Archived