Brooks Robinson game 9/29

scOtt

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1.49 ERA after that inning. He's going for a sub 1.00 ERA for the season...

He's having a nice run, but seriously, lets not forget he's pitched 37 innings. There are absolutely no conclusions that can be made with a sample that small. There have been more pitchers then anyone who can remember, who have had some nice runs over a small sample, before being out of baseball a couple of years later.

You can't honestly use the word excellent in a sentence that references Remy, right? There is nothing excellent about him. I have no issue with the others on the broadcast, but Remy is horrible.

Thank you. I listened to one broadcast earlier in the year before I upgraded to mlb.tv premium and had to endure Remy. He's awful, no two ways about it.

He's having a nice run, but seriously, lets not forget he's pitched 37 innings. There are absolutely no conclusions that can be made with a sample that small. There have been more pitchers then anyone who can remember, who have had some nice runs over a small sample, before being out of baseball a couple of years later.

Why the rain cloud attitude? Can't you just enjoy the run of a pitcher going through a hot streak at the perfect time of the season?

Nah, he gives the O's credit all the time when they do well, and he honestly criticizes the Red Sox when they do poorly.

Tell you one thing, he is infinitely better than any of the puke that YES puts on the air.

I don't only mean in regards to the O's. I just don't think Remy is good at his job, period. The YES announcers are horrible, for sure. Remy is a homer, but not on the same levels as Dempsey or Hunter, etc. I just don't enjoy his insight, or delivery.

Thank you. I listened to one broadcast earlier in the year before I upgraded to mlb.tv premium and had to endure Remy. He's awful, no two ways about it.

So... you're basing this on one whole broadcast?

I must have been wrong to praise him based on literally hundreds of broadcasts.

I think if you take his body of work in the minors and add this to it, you get a pretty good picture of a guy that knows how to pitch. Clearly we can't expect this kind of performance over a full season, but I think there is a pretty good chance we're seeing a guy who will be able to hold his own in the majors over the long run.

Why the rain cloud attitude? Can't you just enjoy the run of a pitcher going through a hot streak at the perfect time of the season?

I'm enjoying it. But already in this thread, people are saying hes got to be at the top of the rotation next year, blah, blah. I'm glad he's having success, but remember, we were told that Bergesen was the next Halladay, so I'm just trying to temper enthusiasm. I'm glad he's having success, and I'm rooting for him.

Archived