Vs. Rays 10/1

waroriole

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to post that I was glad Chen was still out there, then thought better of it....boom a double. I don't know, Chen had looked solid and if not for the Manny error, the inning would have been over. Tough call there for Buck and showing confidence in Chen may pay off later.

Was pitching great until that last hit.

Not really the point as weird as that sounds. Chen's pitch count was up. It gets riskier as it goes. Chen has been tired and ineffective. It was a time bomb waiting too happen. You have what is our best asset waiting to get involved. I would of pulled Chen after 6 because the risk is getting up there. He waited too long. we can disagree but the risk was getting too high

Dum de dum de dum de dum. Why are you coming out now, Buck? Why not leave Chen in for another 8 more runs? It's not like we have one of the best bullpens in the major leagues or anything. Jesus.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yea, I love Buck, but he really struggle sin that seventh inning. He's always trying to get those extra outs out of his starter when he has one of the best bullpens around. On top of the fact he has multiple extra guys out there right now. Just really some poor managing there.

Well, all I can say is "What the Buck, Buck?"

How in the world he lets Chen faces the last two righties with Ayala warmed is beyond me? Although he got one of them out, you gotta go with Ayala in that situation. Unfortuntaely, Buck seems to be one of the worse managers around in the 7th inning. I have to look up the numbers, but if the Orioles lose late in a game, it's usually the 7th where Buck leaves his starter in too long that gets us.

Whats worse, is that he didn't even get Ayala up until two batters into the 7th.

Didn't they say something earlier about Gimenez hitting like .340 against lefties, and like .106 against righties? That inning is on Machado, but you just can't leave Chen in there for that last batter.

His error cost a run no doubt, but Buck allowing Chen to pitch to Roberst and Gimenez was what cost us a big inning here.

Archived