Let's greet the Os

BallsoHard

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing the video of O's fans greeting the team after the season ended is probably my proudest moment as an Orioles fan. I would have been there if I could, but sadly circumstances didn't allow it. Thank you to each of you who did show up and you made us all proud. Seeing the players and fans interact after that tough loss truly defines what the Baltimore Orioles are all about.

Reflecting: I think the best part of it for the players was the fact that they could actually have interaction with their fans that didn't involve outfield walls or autograph lines. Just a lot of thankfulness, shaking hands, slapping high fives, all with their families as well.

There was really little to no security separating the fans from the players, but the fans showed enough restraint to not get in their way, not bug them for autographs, not ask anything of them...they just wanted to give thanks.

There was really little to no security separating the fans from the players, but the fans showed enough restraint to not get in their way, not bug them for autographs, not ask anything of them...they just wanted to give thanks.

That is a GREAT point. When I saw the buses pull up, and the lack of security, I was really worried that it would just turn into a bunch of people jamming Sharpe's into their faces. Kudos to everyone for recognizing that collecting autographs was NOT what this was all about.

Reflecting: I think the best part of it for the players was the fact that they could actually have interaction with their fans that didn't involve outfield walls or autograph lines. Just a lot of thankfulness, shaking hands, slapping high fives, all with their families as well.

Classy O's fans! Treating the players (and their wives, children, significant others) like human beings instead of video-game characters...that kind of interaction is what forges the bond between those on the diamond and those in the seats.

I felt really proud to be an O's fan and can't wait to see the fanbase back home rock the Yard in 2013. I've gotta figure the MLB thing so I can get out-of-market games, only saw a few through MASN and MLBN this season. It was very disappointing that I could see pre- and post-game shows on MASN - - I would have my fingers crossed that I might get lucky that night and get the game, and when that screen went blank before the game started, geez, my heart would just sink.

While this is my first post I have followed for some time on here and love the discussion and comments from O's fans. The season was special for a number of reasons led by the awesome season Buck and players gave us. A team can win 90 games in a season and it not be as special as this one for us. You all have made it unforgettable. Traveling to 29 games for my 2nd year of season tickets has been amazing. Seeing the city I love so excited about baseball game is a feeling that I will take to my grave regardless of how the rest of the seasons go. Being in the hotel, the bars, or walking down the street. It was all Orioles! Thank you.

I only have one wish. Please keep this excitement going. The city needs it, the Orioles need it and quite frankly- so do we, the fans. So special. Watching the videos of the night we lost and waiting for the players brought tears to my eyes. It always does.

I'm sure you have all seen videos from Game 2 of the ALDS, but here is mine:

Hoping we sell out on opening day...

Archived