If the Blue Jays land Dickey...

millertime

I also seem to have missed the press release that said "we're totally 100% done making moves two weeks before Xmas- see you in Florida!"

:rolleyes:

You're too funny, man.

Be willing to make you a bet Pete:rolleyes: I'll gladly buy you a beer if the Orioles do anything substantial before spring training. Sure they may add a few more role players or long shots but they dont count. If not you meet me near the stadium and ante up :D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A weak, over-priced FA market mostly filled with good but not great players already in their 30s?

This kind of stuff gets said every year..... Last year it was fat Prince and Albert ... A few years ago Texeira as I said it happens to the O's every year

The Orioles never seem to value anybody enough. I rest my case on this argument.

Sure, but I am very happy with what Dan has done so far. Andy gave us a good basis to build from and at least a bit of a positive reaction from the other organizations. There was a bit of respect that Dan was able to build upon. I know we are over valuing our prospects and our young pitchesr, but it is all that we have. I wish that Angelos would say, "The heck with my children's children's future. I'm all in."

No argument ...I know who the problem is. I just cant stand the double talk and excuses.

This kind of stuff gets said every year..... Last year it was fat Prince and Albert ... A few years ago Texeira as I said it happens to the O's every year

The Orioles never seem to value anybody enough. I rest my case on this argument.

That Teixeira contract would be looking really good for us now...

Case in point- Nick Swisher is 32 years old, and has a career .828 OPS(.837 in 2012). He is going to get 4 years at roughly $15 millon per season.

Wilson Betemit has a career .824 OPS vs. RHPs, .859 in 2012. If you minimize his exposure to LHPs, and replace those PAs with a RH hitter that can give you an OPS of .800 or better(Valencia, Pearce, and Jackson all meet this criteria with a career OPS over .800 vs. LHPs for each player listed), you end up with an OPS of roughly .820-.840.

Congratulations. You've essentially signed Nick Swisher to a one year deal for less than $3 million dollars.

And look- you have money leftover for Joe Saunders, and some more "dumpster diving." Although most GMs call it "depth."

Back to the title of this post. I was on a Mets fan site like OH a few minutes ago and apparently Dickey doesn't want to sign an extension with Toronto. Toronto is not giving up the rumored package for 1 year of R.A. If you recall I mentioned during the meetings that Dickey was at the Winter Meetings to check in with the Met people and others and he was interviewed. I believe he said he lives near Nashville and drove over. He may want to stay in the U.S. and the amount of money we are talking is not going to influence him to sign for 2 more years to go to Canada. Hopefully the Orioles can still land him in a package.

Back to the title of this post. I was on a Mets fan site like OH a few minutes ago and apparently Dickey doesn't want to sign an extension with Toronto. Toronto is not giving up the rumored package for 1 year of R.A. If you recall I mentioned during the meetings that Dickey was at the Winter Meetings to check in with the Met people and others and he was interviewed. I believe he said he lives near Nashville and drove over. He may want to stay in the U.S. and the amount of money we are talking is not going to influence him to sign for 2 more years to go to Canada. Hopefully the Orioles can still land him in a package.

I don't know why you are holding out hope for the Orioles to land him. We do not match up with the Mets, especially if he is unwilling to extend.

Nobody knows if he would extend with the Orioles if a deal could be made. R.A. can control his destiny if an extension is the only way he gets dealt. If Toronto wants him for one year go ahead and unload the farm. I don't think they will do that. Anything is possible. Don't forget DD agrees with the Pitching, Pitching and more Pitching stance.

Archived