Rosenthal: O's made run at Upton? (Upton rejects trade to M's)

ChaosLex

If I had to choose, I'd pick Schoop to deal also over Gausman 10 times out of 10. I'm just saying that I could stomach moving Gausman if we were able to keep onto Schoop or vice-versa. I wouldn't be able to stomach losing both.

Can't lose Gausman so nothing to worry about there. Can't be traded until July.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sickels has Walker rated A-, Hulzten and Paxten at B+. Neither the latter two are in Bundy's and Gausmann's league IMO. Pryer is a C+and Franklin a B+ SS. Schoop is a B SS/2B/3B, and Wright, Klein and Roderigez are B-. Strop is not a sucessful ML RP? I think a package of Britton, Strop, Schoop, and Klein, would be close, if not better.

I dont think its close.

Pryor was striking out 10.5 per nine at the MLB level last year.

Dan Klein hasn't thrown in-game since 2011 and has thrown a whopping 16 IP at Double-A.

How is Klein comparable to Pryor?

Why does Sickels have Pryer rated C+ and Klein B-?
Isn't Dan Klein like a 50/50 shot to even pitch in a game again, or am I misremembering that?

I'm assuming whoever first threw Kline out there was referring to Brandon (?) Kline rather than Dan Klein?

Are these rankings from a year ago or from this year?
They are from Nov. 27 of 2012. Has anything happened since then? Maybe Kline is injured and Sickels doesn't know about it? I would be surprised if that were the case. \

"Branden Kline, RHP, Grade B-: Live arm from University of Virginia, second round pick, erratic in college but has fastball/slider combination to succeed in pro ball. Somewhat raw for a college guy, but considerable upside. Could develop into mid-rotation starter if changeup develops, or a closer if he fits better in relief."

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/11/27/3698600/baltimore-orioles-top-20-prospects-for-2013

Archived