Rockies' Helton charged with DUI

Can_of_corn

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/colorado-rockies-todd-helton-arrested-dui-charge-020613

Well we know he won't get a 50 game suspension, since he didn't do anything seriously wrong. :rolleyes:

What are the odds he even misses a game?

helton_2013020615422539_0_0.JPG

Well from the looks of it, I suspect that substance was not performance enhancing. No way that the rest of the league feels like they need to do what he does.

Well from the looks of it, I suspect that substance was not performance enhancing. No way that the rest of the league feels like they need to do what he does.

Yep. The only exception that I can think of in which it would be performance enhancing would be if the player is a very wild swinger/hacker, and when he stepped to the plate, he didn't swing at any pitches because he would be nearly asleep, and he wound up getting a base on balls instead of striking out trying to swing at bad pitches.

Maybe we can get Adam Jones to take a strong sedative that wears off in about 60 seconds when he is batting against wild pitchers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/colorado-rockies-todd-helton-arrested-dui-charge-020613

Well we know he won't get a 50 game suspension, since he didn't do anything seriously wrong. :rolleyes:

What are the odds he even misses a game?

helton_2013020615422539_0_0.JPG

You'll probably appreciate this story.

Instead of spending so much time, money and energy trying to dissuade and punish PED users, it’s time for MLB and the players union to focus to the much riskier problem of drunken driving.

Longer home runs and careers aren’t as bad as someone possibly getting killed.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013-02-06/todd-helton-dui-arrest-ryan-braun-alex-rodriguez-biogenesis-bosch?modid=recommended_2_5

Thanks for posting this. I know jokes will be made, and I'm certainly no prude, but I am just sick and tired of drunken drivers! One of the Niners lost his Aunt and Uncle recently to a drunken driver killing them. Athletes are constantly getting DUIs. I'm sure a lot of us know someone who either was killed or involved in a DUI accident. Its sickening for anyone, but especially for these athletes making million of dollars...yeah, that $20 cab ride is really too much for them, huh? These news reports disgust me to no end!

Thanks for posting this. I know jokes will be made, and I'm certainly no prude, but I am just sick and tired of drunken drivers! One of the Niners lost his Aunt and Uncle recently to a drunken driver killing them. Athletes are constantly getting DUIs. I'm sure a lot of us know someone who either was killed or involved in a DUI accident. Its sickening for anyone, but especially for these athletes making million of dollars...yeah, that $20 cab ride is really too much for them, huh? These news reports disgust me to no end!

Especially when a lot of pro sports teams have deals worked out with limo companies to transport players if they have had a little too much to drink. But apparently a lot of players won't use them because they don't want coaches and the front office to know. Just get in damn cab, or call the limo.

Archived