Machado in the two hole?

ChuckS

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bump. Machado not only has been doing a good job in the #2 hole, he's been one of the team's better hitters lately. It's not just about results. Manny is showing the willingness to use the opposite field. He's also doing a good job of working the count and he's no base clogger either. Someday, he's likely to be a middle of the order hitter but for now he's looking more and more like a really good #2 hitter.

And he can bunt, traditionally important for a @2 hitter.

So why do we question Buck?

Well he needs to learn how to construct a lineup and give players the proper motivation. If can do that and learn when to pull his starting pitchers and manage his bullpen better, I think he can be a pretty good major league manager someday.

Hot not, whatever is going on, this is amazing and I love it. Manny is my favorite player and I'd always rather be wrong than right when I think the Os may be making a mistake (like when they started Joe Saunders @ Texas last year). Buck knows the team and I was worried about him taking on too much before he had proven to be an above average MLB hitter but this is awesome. This has been my favorite series for Baltimore in a long long long time. A 4 gamer in Oakland? Are you kidding me....(as I type, we blow the lead...we cant finish these sweeps its really getting frustrating)

I'll certainly say Im happily wrong for now, Ive bumped this thread before when Manny had a great game, but ....uhg I was celebrating before we had the last out.

Manny and Nate -- awesome.

:beerchug1:

• 2 weeks later...
Some really great stuff especially for the one dude! LOL :laughlol:

I had to take him off ignore just to read all of the dumb stuff he said IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Wow RZ up to his old tricks! Where have you gone SG? :eektf:

Some really great stuff especially for the one dude! LOL :laughlol:

I had to take him off ignore just to read all of the dumb stuff he said.

LOL, I didn't have to take him off ignore thanks to all your quotes. That's pure gold right there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Archived