Tommy Hunter Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just turned this game on. How in the h-e-double toothpicks does Tommy Hunter give up a friggin' home run to Kawasaki? Seriously.

I don't think we respect him as a hitter. The pitchers must think they can throw cheddar past him, but he's a low strikeout guy and that won't work all the time.

I'm really starting to despise Kawasaki. Hunter has been so good out of the pen that he was due for a clunker, and he's home run prone so you know it was going to come eventually. But of all the guys to give it up to, it HAD to be that guy.:bangwall:

I don't think we respect him as a hitter. The pitchers must think they can throw cheddar past him, but he's a low strikeout guy and that won't work all the time.

If this is true--and I think it is--it reveals some dim-wittedness on the O's part. Even before his pesky performance in the previous series--including that walk-off double vs. JJohnson--Kawasaki had become a fan favorite in Toronto. Turns out there was a reason for his popularity; he's more than just a warm body out there standing in for Reyes. He's pretty good at Japanese-pro-style opposite-field slash/chip and run offense. Who would you have rather had this season so far: Kawasaki or Flaherty/Casilla?

TOMMY HUNTER O (vs. INDIANS, 6/24)

IP:. 2 *

H:o 0

R:O 0

BB: 1

SO: 1

Pitches: 24 (13 Strikes, 11 Balls)

2013 ERA: 2.13

* Hunter entered the game with runners on 1st and 2nd base and no outs.

PITCHES BY INNING

81 (6 Strikes, 2 Balls)

16 (7 Strikes, 9 Balls)

Archived